chapter nineteen

SEASON ONE, EPISODE SIX
"Quid Pro Woe"

( if malia could be in a romantic relationship with any other character who would be? )

🪦. *. ⋆

MALIA, XAVIER AND WEDNESDAY ALL STOOD IN FRONT OF THE WRITING THAT WAS put there the other day, it was full of fire and so bold. Malia remembered seeing part of it in the crypt as well. She wondered if this was a warning — or a threat. She couldn't seem to decipher it.

"Last night in the crypt, you had another vision," Xavier asked, Wednesday. Malia sighed, giving him a look.

She had filled him on all everything she felt comfortable talking about. But now he was trying to stick his nose into something, he didn't belong in.

And that annoyed Malia.

She just wanted to protect Wednesday.

Wednesday hadn't talked to Malia about her concerns with Xavier being the monster. Wednesday didn't like keeping secrets from her, but she knew if Malia got involved, she would be convinced that Xavier was innocent.

Wednesday didn't think so.

Malia's phone rang, it was Enid.

"Shoot. Girl stuff, sorry," Malia grinned, pecking the side of Wednesdays face before running of.

Xavier sighed, "I'm guessing you haven't told her about how you think I'm the monster?" Xavier asked, a cold tone taking over.

Wednesday remained silent.

"She'll find out. She's not someone who you can lead around like a dog, Wednesday," Xavier said, putting his hands into his pockets.

Wednesday glared at him.

He sighed and looked away, "Look, you don't like me. I get that. But Malia really likes you. If you break her heart of some stupid mission to get me into trouble, then I will hurt you, Wednesday," Xavier declared.

Wednesday raised an eyebrow, "Is that a threat?"

Xavier shook his head, "It's a promise,"

🪦. *. ⋆

Wednesday and Malia decided to take a trip into town together for Wednesdays birthday. She obviously didn't like attention on her, so Malia came up with coffee and reading date. Wednesday liked that.

Malia read The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, while Wednesday did some research about pilgrims from a book called a pilgrims journey. They enjoyed each others company a lot, and occasionally gave each other a smile over their books.

It was nice and chilled out.

Until Tyler Galpin decided to make an appearance.

He placed a coffee down in front of Wednesday and then slid in beside Malia. Malia cleared her throat, putting down her boom and scratched the side of her head.

She got an immediate headache whenever he was close.

"I know you're usually a quad kind of girl, but I've been working on that all week," Tyler confessed with furrowed eyebrows. Malia bit her lip and twisted the ring around her finger to try and stop herself from putting a curse on this teenage boy.

Wednesday deadpanned him.

"Birthday, yes. Happy, never," She replied, Malia giggled shaking her head.

"Is there anyone Thing didn't tell?" Wednesday asked.

"Well, who do you think delivered the cake?" Tyler asked.

"You asked for a hefty tip too," Malia grumbled.

He looked over at the snood, Malia's was placed beside Wednesday.

"Was that Enid's gift?" He asked.

"It's perfect if you're fleeing a war-torn country on foot," Wednesday said, eyeing the snood.

Tyler smirked.

God, Malia just wanted to punch his weirdly handsome face off.

"Come on. Don't you like a day that's all about you?" He asked.

"Every day is all about me," Wednesday stated, Malia snapped her fingers.

"Truth," Malia grinned.

"So... If I asked you out to a non-birthday, song-free dinner... would you come?" He asked.

Malia opened her mouth and then closed it. Then opened. Then closed.

"She had a girlfriend. Who is me," Malia said, and then spilled her drink of water onto the table by 'accident'.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry. It totally just slipped," Malia deadpanned, looking over at Tyler.

Tyler sent her a fake smile.

"No worries,"

He got up out of the chair and practically stomped back to the counter.

Malia looked back at Wednesday who had a slight smile on her face.

"What?"

"Girlfriend?" Wednesday asked, picking up her book.

Malia shrugged, "He needed to know. God knows he couldn't take a hint,"

Wednesday shrugged.

"Does he think we just kiss for fun?"

🪦. *. ⋆