chapter sixteen

SEASON ONE, EPISODE FIVE
"You reap what you woe"

( mortica thinking of malia as a second daughter literally makes my heart melt <3 )

(  mortica thinking of malia as a second daughter literally makes my heart melt <3 )

🪦. *. ⋆

THE THREE WOMEN STOOD IN FRONT THE MAYOR IN HIS OFFICE, all having the same stone cold face. Malia had adopted it from Wednesday, which she was proud to pass on.

"Thank you for seeing us at such short notice, Mr. Mayor," Mortica said, her arms across her chest.

Malia was tired, but she needed for Wednesday to get some sort of justice from this whole debacle. Her and her family deserved that much.

"Yes, well, veiled threats have that effect," The mayor said, leaning back in his chair.

Wednesday didn't let it bother her, walking up the mayor with the finger in her hand.

"Garrett Gates wasn't killed by a stab wound," She said, placing the finger on the desk. Malia walked up behind her.

"You already knew that didn't you?" Malia asked, the mayor cleared his throat when all three women stood at the foot of his desk.

"That blue sheen is a telltale sign of nightshade poisoning," Mortica said, giving her research to the clearly uncomfortable man.

"As I said, you know that already. Because back when you were sheriff, you were in charge and covered all that shit up," Malia cursed, her ponytail moving as she shook her head.

Mortica raised her eyebrows.

Wednesday just thought that Malia was the best person the grace this horror of a place.

He inhaled and then exhaled deeply.

"Ansel Gates hated outcasts and Nevermore. He claimed the land the school was built on was stolen from his family over two hundred years ago," The mayor stated.

Wednesday and Malia both shared a look.

"Garrett went there to that night to spike that punch and kill all the kids at the dance," The mayor disclosed.

"And you didn't think to do anything about this?" Malia asked, incredulously.

The mayor sighed.

"Ansel confessed the whole thing to me in a drunken stupor. It was his idea,"

"Why did you instruct Dr. Anwar to falsify the autopsy report?" Wednesday asked.