Dinner with the Charlottes

Big Mom danced into the dining room and smiled at everyone there. "Hello my wonderful children! Oh, and YN as well! Hello everyone!" She said, smiling wide at all of us. Perospero chuckled and leaned over to me. "It's time." Is all he said. "Everyone! Find your chairs!" She said, sitting down at the largest chair at the end of the table. Everyone then scuttled around the room and found where they were supposed to sit. I myself, though, stayed leaned up against the wall. "Ah yes... YN. Why don't you go grab a chair and sit down by Perospero, you two seem to be on good terms." Big Mom said, smiling at the two of us. I heard Cracker audibly sigh. Perospero turned around and smirked at me. "Yes, of course ma'am." I said, going over to the end of the room where there were a few chairs in the corner. I grabbed one and pulled it over to where Perospero was sitting, then I sat it down next to him and flipped myself over the side of the chair. Perospero then chuckled. "Well, hello, darling." He said, smiling wide at me. "You planned this, didn't you?" I said, returning his smile. 'AH! WHY DO I HAVE TO SIT BY HIM! GET YOUR FACE OUT OF MY FACE, CHARLOTTE!!!' I yelled in my head. "Ok men! Bring out the food!" Big Mom yelled, gesturing to the kitchen. Chess piece guards ran right and left, bringing each of the eighty-five siblings a plate. Three chess piece guards brought out an extra-large plate for Big Mom and sat it in front of her. I sat there, wondering if I'd get any food. "Sorry, YN-sama, we weren't expecting you today, and the soup took two days to make, so we weren't able to make any for you." One of the chess piece guards said. 'Wow, how rude. Not catering to your guests.' I thought to myself. I then put on a fake smile. "Ah, don't worry about it! I'll just go into town later and find some food of my own! Accidents happen!" I said, my tone light. The chess piece guard sighed a sigh of relief. "That's good. We're sorry again, YN-sama!" He said, running off. I turned around and let out a small sigh. "How inconsiderate." Perospero muttered. "Here, darling. Why don't you take mine?" He asked, sliding the bowl towards me. "Wha- No! I'm not taking your soup. You eat it yourself." I said, stubbornly crossing my arms. Perospero sighed. "How about I have them bring you out a bowl and we split my portion?" He asked, his expression kind. 'Why are you being so nice to me, Perospero. You have to know what I'm here for at this point. Why are you being so polite?' I thought to myself. "Ok, but only if you insist, and I get to buy you a burger or something later." I said, looking directly at him. Perospero nodded, then smiled at me. "Good." He said, patting my shoulder. 

The chess piece guards brought out a bowl on Perospero's command, and they sat it in front of me. Perospero then took his own bowl and poured about half of it into mine. "There. Now, eat up, YN." He said, smiling. 'Oh, I wish you'd die already, with your cute, odd face-' I thought to myself, then realizing what I just thought. My cheeks turned a bright red. "Ah, yeah... Thank you!" I said in quick manner, then I turned to the soup he had given me. "Aw... Look at you." I heard Perospero mutter to himself. I whipped around and I stared directly at him. "What... What is it you just said?" I asked, making sure I heard him right. His face then turned the same color mine was. "Ah... Uh... I don't really know." He said, rubbing the back of his neck. Cracker, from across the table, cleared his throat. "Alright lovebirds! Eat your dang soup or I'm straight up taking from y'all!" He yelled. We both looked over at Cracker and both gave him glares that said, "SHUT UP". Cracker's expression changed to one of embarrassment and he went and focused on his soup. I then heard Amande chuckle who was sitting next to him. I simply held a thumbs down towards Amande, then faced Perospero again. "Thanks once more for the soup." I said, smirking towards him. He nodded. "I'm glad I could help!" He said, chuckling. We continued to eat and talk. The people around us were loud, but unlike I said before, the only person I talked to was Perospero. We talked the whole time, and the entire time Perospero had a smile on his face. Towards the end of the dinner, I had just finished my portion of the soup he had given me, I turned to Perospero and chuckled at him. "That was really good, I can see why it needs two days to make." I said, smiling wide. Perospero chuckled. "I'm glad you enjoyed it, darling. I've never really been a big fan of this soup but-" "How could you have not liked it! It was absolutely wonderful!" I said, cutting him off. He then chuckled again. "Well, people have different tastes." He said, smiling towards me. "With that tongue, I wouldn't be surprised." I said, pointing to him. He then broke out in laughter. "Yes, of course!" He said, smiling even wider than before. 

We sat and talked for a while longer until Big Mom cleared her throat, signaling she wanted everyone's attention. "As you all know, there's a new member sitting here at our table. Everyone, give a warm welcome to YN!" Big Mom boomed, gesturing to me. I awkwardly smiled as people all applauded me. "She'll be joining our family, and in a month, she'll chose one of you men to marry! You ought to be on your best behaviors, because it'd be a great honor to be YN's husband." She said, smiling wide. I looked over and I saw Cracker whisper something to Amande and chuckle. Amande just sighed, but Cracker pointed at Perospero and then held his hands up in the shape of a heart. I sighed and shook my head, then Amande held up a thumbs up to me. I then turned to Perospero. He just shrugged his shoulders and turned back to Big Mom. 'Well! I'm sure not marrying you, Cracker.' I thought to myself, smirking at him. 'I'm not marrying any of them, actually.' I thought, looking back at Perospero. My expression changed. 'Remember your mission, YN, don't get attached.' I thought, shaking my head again. Deep from my mind, I thought something else again. 'What if you actually go along with all of this, though? What if you don't have to kill Perospero?' I asked myself. 'NO! They're just treating you like this because you're some brat they want for military force! They'll never actually care about you!' I thought to myself. 'Perospero's the same way. He doesn't care about what happens to you. His dear 'mama' probably told him to act like this.' I thought. Well, for some reason that comment actually hurt worse than the others. I turned and looked towards Perospero and I noticed his hand on the arm of his chair. I reached over to him and grabbed his hand. He whipped around to look at me. I mouthed the words, "don't say anything" and I lightly squeezed his hand. Perospero nodded, and a small smile came across his face. "Did you think of something scary? Or is Cracker being rude again?" He asked, still smiling at me. "The first one." I said, still holding on tight to his hand.

'How in the world am I going to kill this man; this man who has only been nice to me since I've got here?'