16

Two weeks have passed since his so called "Gauntlet", and since most of Liam's injuries have healed, Dr. Amari has given him the green light to go back to his regular work schedule. After I blacked out, I continued to attack Liam. Even after he went unconscious, I continued attacking him. I almost killed him, and it took thirteen soldiers to stop me, and out of those thirteen, I sent nine of them to the infirmary for broken limbs and concussions.

This is why Monroe was insistent that I controlled my temper, because when I lose it.. this happens. My doctor called it "Blind Rage Syndrome," or something like that. Whenever this happens, I don't remember what I did, or who I hurt. It took years to control my temper, to understand what makes me tick and how to keep myself calm at all times to avoid spiraling down into a blind rage.

The scolding James gave to Liam and I was unlike anything I've ever experienced, and we were ordered to spend some time away from each other in an attempt to keep us from murdering the other.

We haven't seen each other since I shot him for the second time, and I was thankful for the small break from the intolerable man. The first few nights that I stayed at the Knight estate, I was on edge. I was up most of the night half expecting an assassin to try and kill me in my sleep. But to my surprise, James was telling the truth. Corporate hasn't sent an assassin after me since I've been here, so as long as I'm cooped up inside this lavish mansion, I'd be safe... shouldn't be too hard.

I haven't had much time to investigate Maria's murders for quite a while, and I used this time to pick up where I left off: searching for clues as to who the hell Diana Sabel is.

Monroe exhausted the search on his end, and since his main priority now was finding out who put the hit out on me, I dedicated my full attention to following up on Felipe's lead. I spent my hours behind the computer trying to find any trace of the woman who helped kill my sister but to no avail. It was as if this woman fell off the face of the planet. There were no traces of taxes, properties, purchases, or credit cards in her name.

I walked over to the desk situated in the corner of my room where my files were scattered. The entire room was massive, much too large for just me, but I wasn't complaining. The wooden floors complimented the tan furniture, and the king-sized bed in the center of the room was covered in a plain white comforter. The black headboard was modern, yet simple, and the elegant and lavish accent chairs were situated in front of a long bookcase that stretched along the wall. There was a small sitting area, and in front of it, a TV that was mounted on the wall. Large windows lined the south most wall, letting ample light into the room that shined off of the tan curtains that flowed with the breeze.

Attached to my room was a master bathroom, with a large, sleek shower with a bathtub adjected to it. The bathtub was massive, its square design fitting perfectly in the corner of the room. The black handles and nozzles accented the marble stone. The walk-in closet had an island in the middle for accessories and miscellaneous items. The long rows and shelves were mainly empty, and only held the small wardrobe I've been able to carry with me over the past few months.

I was a practical woman. I didn't care how my outfit looked, as long as it was easy to kill in. Most days I opted for the simple outfit of jeans, a tighter fitting t-shirt, maybe a jacket if it's breezy. Monroe taught me that jewelry was a liability, and could be used to strange, choke, or even close the distance between me and the target, so I never really wore any accessories. So, I filled the island in the center of the room with guns, lots and lots of guns. It was beautiful really, seeing the black metal of my weapons shine against the bright lights of the closet as they shimmered underneath the glass display cases.

I looked down at the table as I ran my hand through a stack of papers, spreading them before I grabbed a large, folded map. I walked over to the large floor length mirror that was situated next to the desk. My jaw clenched as I looked at my reflection. I used to think that being a twin was the greatest. I looked just like my best friend. Maria and I would always take advantage of this when we were younger, always playing tricks on Monroe and causing havoc until he learned to tell us apart.