Chapter 24 - Unexpected As Heck

Woah. Did I hear him right?

I pulled away a bit, just enough to give him a straight look. His eyes were filled with worry. He was serious. That's when I started to hyperventilate. I stood up and started to pace around the room.

He said he loves me. Alec Austin just said he loves me. Not just that, but he used still in the sentence. That surely meant that he had loved me all along.

"Tori," he called.

But I ignored him. I was to engross in my own world. The guy that broke my heart just confessed his love to me. I should be jumping in joy. But I wasn't.

Just before I could walk back to where I came from, Alec blocked me from doing so. He placed his firm hands on my shoulders, slightly making me tensed.

"Calm down," he said.

My eyes wondered on his face. He changed. The boyish look on his face was now gone. Instead in front of me was a fully-grown, hot young man. Alec was gorgeous. But that wasn't the point. Even though his features changed, that doesn't mean the guy that broke my heart was not here. He was still that same boy.

I pushed his hands away and walked backwards. Confusion was marked all over his face.

My gosh, Tori. He's in love with you.

Seriously though, this guy was an actor. For all I know, he might be playing on me.

"You can't do that," I muttered.

Alec tilted his head to the side. The movement only made this harder for me. It only made him so cute.

I mentally shook my head and forced myself to be cold inside. No way was I letting him in.

"You can't do this to me, Alec."

"What do you mean?" he asked, dumbfounded.

Good question. What do I exactly mean?

I closed my eyes and tried to remember that night. It was the night that I was going to tell him something so important.

<><><><><>

2 YEARS AGO

"I have to tell you something," I said.

Even though that was the only thing I said, I felt like I was going to explode. What I was going to do was hard. Alec could react in million of ways. But what I fear the most was that what if he'll leave me because he'll find me disgusting.

Nervousness was painted on his face. He was red and beads of sweat were visible on his forehead. He lightly cleared his throat and reached out for my hand.

"Listen, I have to tell you something too," he murmured with his eyes trained on our entwined hands.

I surely did miss him. But his touch seemed too much for me. Slightly, I pulled away from his touch. It wasn't him, but I just couldn't seem to endure being touched at the moment.

Alec lifted his head to look directly at me. If I wasn't wrong, it was obvious that he was in pain.

I knew it was unfair. I mean, he's my boyfriend and I didn't let him touch me for the past weeks. I was practically avoiding him for the past month. But I just couldn't do it yet. I couldn't bear anyone looking at me. It was making me anxious.

"You go first," I offered.

He opened his mouth but closed it quickly. His eyes wandered. It went from looking at his hands to my eyes.