𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚐𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚜

I realize that updating every Saturday isn't the best upload schedule, so ✨TADA✨!  I will be posting a new chapter every Monday and Friday at around 7:30 PM EST. (about the same time as Order 73) Since the updates are a little more frequent, chapters will be shorter. 

//

Civil danger WARNING

An incoming non-terrestrial object heading directly for the Earth was spotted by the Mount Graham International Observatory in Arizona at about 5:00 AM EST. It is currently predicted to be the size of Singapore, with a width of 648 kilometers, and is expected to make direct course for the Pacific Ocean within the next 96 hours.

Missed call.

Missed call.

Missed call.

This can't be real. His phone vibrates like mad in his pocket, whoever trying to call him desperately dialing again and again no matter how many times they fail.

The impact site is approximately 2,100 miles away from the east coast of the United States. NASA and the US Space Force have confirmed their attempts to direct it away from Earth.

His thigh is numb from the device in his pocket. George reaches for it in a daze, failing to even register the caller ID as he pressed it to his ear, staring widely at the screen.

This asteroid is expected to release 2,497 megatons of energy, causing blast waves that will be experienced throughout the Earth, and mega tsunamis that will send ocean waters onto adjacent lands.

"George? GEORGE?"

"Huh?"

"Did they air it on your TV? Did you see it?"

It was Dream's voice. A voice he knew so well. Every inflection and emotion was engraved in his brain. His fear, and happiness. His disgust and anger. George knew everything about this man because they had been through every scenario. Fought through every problem. Fixed every mistake.

But never had he heard that panicked yell, laced with underlying dread; a solution of pure nightmare fuel. Tears lodged in the throat that produced the most obnoxious laugh. The laugh that kept a bright smile on George's face hours after it had ceased. The one that their fans had come to adore.

"I did," He chokes out, hearing the same inflections in his own voice.

The dust and debris from the impact would cause a global nuclear winter.

"I should–have come wi– Sapnap to see you, I'm so fucking stupid–" His voice cuts off and George's heartbeat cuts off with it.

"Dream? Dream?!" His phone trembles in his hand as he listens desperately for even a decibel of sound. The emergency alert system was burning holes into the sides of his head, shrill notes of horror informing them of their species' incoming doom.

"–s cutting out–George," Dream panics, breathing heavily into the phone. "The pho– lines a– fucked up,"

The Government of the United Kingdom has advised all residents living on the coasts of the country to travel inward, and to not board any flights to the United States at this time. All residents of Maine, New Hampshire, Connecticut, Rhode Island..."

"Dream, call me on Discord." He says with horrible patience. His friends always did say he was the calmest under stress than any of them. George more than proved them right most times, even though sometimes he believed Dream deserved the title a bit more than him.

But at the very moment, he seemed to defy even human nature.

The call silences.