Chapter Eight, New Place

Point of View - Elma Farfalla Bianchi

      'Dove sei! (Where are you!)' This tall figure called out. I can't see his face because it's too bright. The figure seems to be a teenager, a boy at least. From what I can see the boy is wearing blue jeans and a green shirt.

      'Non mi troverai mai! (You will never find me!)' the little girl with black hair. Giggled from hiding behind the Ginkgo Tree. Why do I know it's a Ginkgo tree? Why am I familiar with this place and who is this man?

      'Ti ho catturato principessa! (Caught you Princess!)' The boy tickled the little girl from behind. Who was in her cute pink butterfly dress that goes to her knees.

      'Ehi, smettila! (Hey stop that!)' The girl giggled trying to escape the boy with a smile. She got out of his grasp and ran around the tree with the wooden outdoor swing in circles.

      Shocking out of my sleep "Che diavolo era quello! (What the hell was that!)" I Questioned myself in Italian. If these are flashbacks why now and it's in Italian. It's still early in the morning. What should I do until breakfast? Illegal work? TV? Coffee and exploring the mansion! What clothes do I have? "None of my family should be up right now." I yawned as I stretched and held my hands upward. PJ's should be fine for going down stairs for coffee!

      Passing through the hallway, going down stairs and ending up at the kitchen island counter. Where would they put the coffee machine? Should I make one of them breakfast with my prank? I need to buy toothpaste prank Oreos and switch them with regular Oreos. AH there is the coffee maker! It was on the farthest counter from me. Decaf, Expresso, Cappuccino? Expresso! Grabbing the pot from the spinner.

      Now where are the Mugs? COME ON! I am guessing that there is no stool in one of the cabinets below. "DAM FIVE FEET!" I ranted while stretching my arm up onto the counter and looking through the first two white cabinets. There we go, a mug. I am glad I am watching which language I am speaking or I could have blurred it out in Italian and gotten caught by my family.

      Coffee! Coffee! Hopping off the marble white ish counter with a green mug in my hands. Right now I am so glad I still have some flexibility with the boot. Putting the pine green mug under. The coffee machine grumbled as it made my Expresso. The final hiss of steam comes out of the machine. Finally My Expresso! Reminders for self mugs are in the third cabinet from the entrance of the kitchen.

      "BANG!" The door of the mansion comes open. I sprinted with my coffee and crutches, careful not to spill it. Hiding around the corner I see Damien, Ricco and Dante. They all had blood on them and Ricco had the most. MAFIA BUSINESS! That's my cruel world I have chosen. Knowing that they aren't gonna move for a while I sit down just sipping my coffee.

      When will my brothers leave the kitchen? "Ricco e Dante, è quasi mattina. Elma si alzerà presto. (Ricco and Dante, it is almost morning. Elma will get up soon.)" Damien ordered in his dominant voice as he started the coffee maker. Expresso? Or Decaf? Who knows I can only hear them because if I peck around the corner I could expose myself and I don't want to explain. Why am I sitting with coffee on the floor at six in the morning? Weird, I didn't hear a response from Ricco or Dante? Whatever, JUST MOVE DUDES! I should sneak back to my room until breakfast.

      B-U-Z-Z, B-U-Z-Z, my phone goes off when I enter my room. Why is Alvin calling me? Business? Or Personal? "IT'S SEVEN IN THE MORNING ALVIN!" Yelling at my other eldest brother from my other family.

      "Sorry, Dad wanted me to tell you that me and father are landing in Italy right now." Alvin stated as he quivered his voice over the phone. "Why English?" He commented trying to start a convocation.