Chapter Three, Oblivious Fate

Point Of View - Elma Rose

      Thump, Thump, something in the room happened. I sprong up quickly with the knife in my hand. Natasha freaked when seeing the pocket knife. "Sorry You Spooked Me!" I put the knife down on the bed.

      Natasha looked frozen. "I-I fell over my s-uitcase." She stuttered in front of me.

      Getting off the bed, picking up my personal phone and looking at the time. It's six a.m. and school starts at seven forty five. "Natasha it's six a.m. and and we're still going to school." I told her my observations.

      She gets the memo and grabs her clothes from her suitcase. While she is doing that I grab my backpack and open it. I shift past my stuffy in my bag and put away the knife. Natasha came out wearing a floral pink tank top and some jean boy shorts. Now I am glad I study fashion design and interior design.

      Right now it's my turn for the bathroom and I grab my bag. Slamming the door behind me. I grab the towel rag and wash the makeup off. If you don't wash your makeup off before or after you sleep your skin will not be very healthy. After finishing that I pulled out some cargo pants and a navy blue round neckline shirt. Looking at the motel bathroom mirror. I pulled out my necklace that I have been holding on to ever since I could remember. The silver butterfly necklace... I played with it for a second and then cleaned up my stuff to leave.

      Opening the bathroom door Natasha looked at me when I left the bathroom. "Are you ready to leave?" I concluded from her ready bag and her just sitting on her phone.

      "Yes and you are taking all your stuff with you?" Natasha speculated because I am packing my bag up and not leaving anything. My bag is a nice sized school bag that is currently holding my school stuff, my reading books, two changes of clothes and some other stuff.

      "I am but you can leave your stuff and the room is rented until tomorrow." I stated while putting my bathroom kit away.

      "Ok, be ready in five?" She requested and I nodded back in response, not wanting to talk right now.

      We arrive at the school early but not too early, maybe about thirty minutes. I pulled into the drop off spot. She looks at me, "I am going to get breakfast for myself." I acted bratty towards her unlike her who got room servers for breakfast. Who could have poisoned it since they knew that I paid with no questions asked but also motel food sucks. Once she closed the door I went to this random dinner. For some reason whenever I eat hash browns from restaurants. It gives me a stomach ache. I think it's the butter when they cook it... 

      Parking my car in the parking lot and getting out with my crutches. The people around me look at me with pity. I don't want it to stop giving me those faces. When I approached the doors to the dinner, a departing customer opened the door for me. I could've done it by myself but I just let it happen. The waiter comes up to me and gives me a sad smile when she sees the crutches and the boot. "I would like a black coffee and a blueberry muffin." My business voice struck a nerve with her as I interrupted what she was gonna say. She thought I might be a sweet teenager.

      "Is that all?" She confirms my order. I nod my head in response not wanting to talk. "To go or for here?" The waitress nervously asked me while holding her pen and notepad.

      I handed her twenty bucks. "Keep the change and to go, please." I put it out to her and she smiled for the tip.

      It takes about five minutes for my black coffee and my muffin to come out. "Here is your order." She announced to me while putting down the coffee and paper bag with my muffin inside. I look at the coffee cup and there is a stopper in it so I don't spill it. Now carrying my coffee and my muffin to the car. The waitress looked pressed by my ability to carry the coffee.