Step 7: Do Not Give Up Hope

Piper shifted her laptop slightly, the surface was hot on her bare legs, but it was rather comfortable so she hadn't moved in hours. Her bed was messy and mismatched as always, she scrolled lazily through tumblr, re-blogging every Supernatural thing she saw but not really paying attention to much of the actual content on her dashboard.

"Carry on my wayward son."

Piper jumps and looks wildly for her phone, Annabeth's ring tone playing loudly from an unknown location in the room.

"There'll be peace when you are done."

Piper swore loudly and scrambled to her feet shoving aside the blankets and empty chocolate wrappers in desperate search for her damn phone.

"Lay your weary head to rest."

Piper fell to her knees and stares under the bed, she sees the screen light up around the middle. The stretches out and grabs it, pulling it to her chest, belting out the last line at the top of her lungs before answering.

"Don't you cry no more."

"Hey Beth, what's up?" Piper asks falling back on her bed and smiling lightly to herself. A small sniff comes from the other end of the line sending Piper into vivid alertness. "Beth?"

"T-Thalia broke up with me." Annabeth says hoarsely, her voice thick with unshed tears. Piper knew her friend to be strong, she hated to cry especially over her love life but she also knew how much Annabeth had liked Thalia.

"I'm coming over." Piper says standing and pulling her shoes and jumper on while holding her phone between her cheek and shoulder.

"N-No don't." Annabeth pleads helplessly, Piper rolls her eyes and holds her phone with her hand again.

"Yeah...no, see you in a minute or two." She hangs up and quickly ties her laces, pocketing her wallet and phone, pulling her skateboard and a backpack from their cage of dirty clothes and running out of the door.

"I'm going to Annabeth's!" Piper yells but gets waved away by her mother- who's unsurprisingly on the phone.

Piper's only a few houses away from Annabeth's, her bag full and heavy when her phone rings again. Only instead on Carry on Wayward Son, Beez in the Trap blares. Piper grunts, annoyed at the familiar ringtone, but answers anyway.

"What do you want Percy?"

"Ouch Pipes, why so snarky?" Percy replies, his words muffled slightly.

"Percy." Piper hisses skidding to a stop outside Annabeth's front gate.

She can almost feel him roll his eyes. "Well basically Reyna told Thalia how she felt so there could be an Annie heartbreak coming."

"You're about half an hour late on that piece of information and I'm standing outside her house for that exact reason." Piper says, tucking her skateboard under her arm and ringing the doorbell. Then before he could reply. "Bye Percy." and clicking her phone off just as the door swung open.

"Piper." Mr Chase says softly, Piper gives him a small smile as he allows her inside without another word.

"Annie!" Piper calls as she charges up the stairs, knowing her way around the house as if it was her own. Annabeth's door was shut, Piper slowly turned the handle and peeked inside.

Annabeth sat on her bed with blankets wrapped around her, a determined expression on her face with a tissue clutched tightly in her shaking hands.

"Oh Annie." Piper sighs.

"Piper!" Annabeth gasps looking up, pink flares across her face, "you shouldn't of come."

"My best friend just got dumped and she's trying to mimic the face of a constipated biker in order to not cry, yes I bloody well should have come. And here I am."

Annabeth snorts with laugher but in doing so she lost her concentration and burst into tears. Heavy, thick tears of a girl who hated to cry but was so hurt that she couldn't help it.

"Annie." Piper says softly, crossing the room to gather her into her arms. Annabeth holds her younger friend back tightly, sobbing and hiccuping.

"She doesn't deserve your tears Annie, you're so amazing. You deserve someone who loves you for you." Piper pats her back gently.

"But Piper-"

"No buts, you're one of the best people to ever walk this earth and any girl should be honoured to call you their's."

"You're just saying that because you're my best friend."

Piper felt a pang of pain at the word friend. Friend. Nothing less but nothing more either.

"No! I mean it, you're fucking brilliant and so many other things, and that's why I-" She stopped abruptly, wishing she could take those words back or that perhaps Annabeth hadn't heard her.

"Why you what?" Annabeth asks, Piper swore under her breath making Annabeth pull away and glare at her. "Why you what?"

"I can't tell you." She whispers jumping to her feet and backing away slightly.

"Piper! What is it? You can tell me or god forbid I will-" Annabeth says angrily and very hurt, Piper stutters messily and stares at the blonde like a deer in the headlights.

"Why I-I." Piper stuttered, "why I lo-"

"Annie!"

Piper almost jumped out of her skin as the door flung open and Percy Jackson entered the room with a smile on his face and a plastic bag in hand.

"Okay, we are getting you over this break up because that bitch doesn't know what she's missing. I have gay bacon, chocolate and a shit ton of ice cream. Piper should be coming too but fuck knows when she'll get here, you know what that girl is like in a movie store." Percy glances up from the plastic bag to see a panicked Piper and a angry Annabeth. "Oh hey Pipes, did you get Supernatural?"

Piper stares at him, he stares back at her and surveys the room.

"Am I interrupting something?"

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT I'VE BEEN BINGE WATCHING SUPERNATURAL AND I'VE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE CONCENTRATING ON MUCH ELSE BUT I HOPE YOU LIKED IT PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE! THIS STORY IS ALMOST OVER BUT I MAY WRITE ANOTHER SMALL BOB, IDK TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS.

OKI BAIYA, LOVE YOU ALL.

PERCY XX