Prologue: Downfall

PREQUEL TO HOW TO WOO JASON GRACE & HOW TO CARE FOR PERCY JACKSON 1/2

Prologue: Downfall

Piper McLean was seven years old when she met Percy and Annabeth.

And now, almost 10 years later. They were still as close as ever.

"Morning sunshine." Piper grins into her cell phone, some almost inhuman groaning emits from the other line. She chuckles and continues on her journey to school, nearing the familiar house about a block away with ever step.

"Fuck." Annabeth Chase whines from the other end of the line.

"Fuck what?" Piper asks, only 6 houses from her best friend's now. The house wasn't overly big or small, it was perfectly designed (by Mrs Athena Chase herself). Piper loved it, next to her large but empty home is was like heaven. Though she loved Percy and his mum's apartment even more, it was cosy and so carefree. Where the McLean house had movie script and contracts, where the Chase house had documents and work files, the Jackson house had cat hair and blue cookie crumbs.

"Fuck school, fuck this weather and just...fuck!" Annabeth yells into the phone, Piper laughs as she reaches Annabeth's front door. She adjusts her skateboard that sits her beneath her arm before knocking on the door.

"I'm at the front door, open up." Piper commands and clicks her iPhone off and slides it into her pocket. The door swings open to admit Annabeth into the hot outside climate and then slam behind her.

"I don't like summer," Annabeth says bluntly, Piper raises an eyebrow.

"Why not, it doesn't snow in summer?"

"I like snow." Annabeth replies and stalks off down the street, Piper shakes her head but quickly follows.

"Where's Jackson?" Annabeth asks, checking her watch and quickening her pace; Piper jogs to catch up.

"I have no idea." Piper replies, Annabeth rolls her eyes but continues walking.

"Ladies!" A voice screeches from behind them, "Look out!"

Annabeth and Piper dive onto the grass beside the footpath as a figure whizzes past them on a longboard, wobbling madly before stumbling forward and flipping the longboard on its back.

"Percy!" Piper chimes laughing at his dazed expression, "you got a longboard!"

"I've been saving up for almost two years, fuck yeah I got one! Though it's really weird." He frowns and cocks his head, looking at the longboard like it was a strange creature.

"I thought longboards are easier to ride then a skateboard and you're fine at riding them." Annabeth says dusting grass off her jeans and hair.

"Yes but...still weird." Percy shakes his head and picks it up, placing one foot on it he turns to his two best friends.

"Who wants a ride?" He wiggles his eyebrows and gestures to the front of the board.

"Fuck yes!" Annabeth grins and climbs on front before Piper can even blink, she pouts miserably.

"Aww, does that mean I'm going to be ditched?" Piper asks, looking at them through her lashes.

"You have a skateboard you idiot." Percy says, Piper blushes beetroot red. She sheepishly drops it to the ground and climbs on.

"It's okay Pipes." Annabeth smiles, and sends her a wink. A butterfly like feeling blooms in Piper's chest makes her blush even more. She frowned, she'd never felt like that before...had she?

And so begins her downfall.

Hey guys! 

This a Pipabeth story, I've never written a girlxgirl/lesbian fic before so I'm super nervous and excited. This is set before How to Woo Jason Grace and How to Care for Percy Jackson but it set in the same universe!

I wasn't going to write this but I've changed my mind! J

Please vote and comment!

Love Percy xx