Step 9: Show Her How Much you Care

I DON'T KNOW WHY I PUT THAT SONG IS THERE, BUT IT'S THERE SO YEAH

(Angels and Demons by Front Porch Step)

Step 9: Show Her How Much You Care

Piper was panicking. She could feel her heart in her throat, she felt sick and dizzy. She wanted to run and never stop, she wanted to throw the flower into the gutter and cry over the dirty petals. But when Percy opened the door and Annabeth peeks out from behind him, when she broke into a big smile when she saw Piper standing there, Piper felt she was going to be okay.

"Piper?" Annabeth asks quietly, Piper nods while Percy lets out a squeaking noise like a dying walrus and hides behind the door as to not interrupt.

"Hey Annie." Piper smiles walking up the porch steps with the spray painted blue rose clutched in her hand.

"You're my secret date?" Annabeth asks uncharacteristically shyly.

"Yes, that alright?" Piper asks tentatively, Annabeth's mouth falls open and she pulls Piper into a tight hug.

"I wouldn't want it any other way." She says softly, Piper eyes flutter close in total happiness. She felt like a bubble of warmth had exploded in her chest, she felt like she was on cloud 9 and nothing, nothing could bring her down.

Annabeth steps back so Piper takes the opportunity to give her the rose and offer her arm up, Annabeth takes it and smells the rose. Inhaling paint and faint rose petals, she wrinkles her nose slightly but smiles all the same. Percy makes a high-pitched whining from inside the house, Annabeth and Piper turn to him and laugh at their ridiculous friend who's sitting on the floor holding his chest.

"Right in the feels." He whimpers, he looks up and them and glares, "what are you still doing here? Go, go! Go have fun, fall in love! Be young and stupid." He sobs loudly, Hazel pokes her head around the corner and sees the scene of a bawling Percy and staring Annabeth and Piper.

"Oh Perce." Hazel coos gathering him up in her arms and giving him a tissue, "It is okay, hush, love hush, where's your rush?"

"They grow up so fast." Percy sobs loudly, Hazel looks up and grins at Piper and Annabeth before slamming the apartment door shut.

"I do wonder about that boy." Annabeth mutters, Piper snorts loudly in agreement. "So where are we going my secret date?" She turns to Piper with wide, grey eyes.

"Somewhere perfect." Piper says gently, Annabeth frowns up lets Piper lead her off anyway.

"It's so cold, what are we doing?" Annabeth complains, holding Piper's finger-less gloved hand in her own black mittens.

"You'll see." Piper laughs pulling her along, Annabeth complains more, about how it shouldn't be so cold in summer, how her boots where a stupid idea and how she's annoyed at the black and white striped dress she wears. But Piper know she's enjoying herself, she's smiling and holding Piper's hand tight.

Piper isn't very romantic, being best friends and growing up with Percy Jackson had that effect but she did know Annabeth. She knew that Annabeth loved McDonald's Apple Pies and cinnamon flavoured hot chips. She knew Annabeth loved hot caramel sundaes and walking at night when only the night air was their company. So that was what she planned for Annabeth that night, she planned something that wasn't overly impressive nor was it something most people would enjoy. But she knew that it was full of things Annabeth loved, things that she knew Thalia would never notice but that she did.

Because she doesn't just love Annabeth, she cares for her and she is Annabeth's best friend.

That date will be completed in the last chapter, then it's the epilogue and we're DONE! *gasp* I hope you've all enjoyed reading this :3

I have another fun story like this coming soon called Black Magic so keep an eye out for that!

ALSO IF YOU GOT THE SWEENEY TODD REFERENCES I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER

Percy xx

.[