Step 4: Develop Hate

Piper glances down at her ripped jeans, her fingers twiddle anxiously with her shirt hem as she waits for the door to open.

"Piper!" A voice rings out, deep and husky and thankfully obviously male, Piper lets out her breath that she was holding to see Percy grinning at her.

"Hey Perce." Piper beams, a small shred of her panic slides away when she meets her best friend's happy green eyes.

"C'mon in." He smiles, "you're first here, and Annie's running a bit late."

"Annabeth Chase?" Piper fake gasps as she steps inside, "running late?"

"The horror!" Percy cries and fakes a faint onto the dirty crème wall, Piper giggles and soon he joins her.

"Now I didn't know what to watch but I got the first or so seasons of about four shows and we shall decide with blondie gets here." Percy says leading her into the living room which has been decked out with blankets, pillows, teddies, tissues and a large black dog.

"Mrs O'Leary!" Piper laughs as the giant dog lumbers her way over and jumps up at Piper, her paws on her shoulders and tongue licking all over Piper's face.

"Got yourself a girlfriend there?" Percy snorts, Piper laughs and gently pushes Mrs O'Leary off her so she can curl up in a blanket. Percy sits beside her making Mrs O'Leary bound over to Percy and cuddle up against him. "Hello." Percy coos while kissing her forehead and giving her ears a rub.

"And I'm the one with the girlfriend." Piper snorts, Percy winks at her but he's paying far more attention to his dog. So when the doorbell rings, Percy is far too busy giving Mrs O'Leary a belly rub to notice so Piper is forced to go and answer.

Her hand is shaky when she reaches out, she scold herself and quickly flings it open and staggers a little when she does so. Luckily it's not Annabeth who's looking back at her but Nico, Hazel and Will.

"McLean!" Nico smiles brightly in a very out of character way, Piper raises an eyebrow but Hazel just shrugs in confusion.

"I have no idea, good mood I guess?" Hazel says but it's more of a question, Piper shakes her head and welcomes them into Percy's home with a small giggle.

"So what are we watching?" Nico asks as he makes herself comfortable on the couch with a pillow position attitude set as he scoops up two very fat ones.

"We don't know yet, we'll decide when Annie gets here." Percy replies, now resting with his head on Mrs O'Leary's large furry belly. Her head was curled around and resting his lap, both looking very happy.

"Oh I invited Frank." Hazel pipes up awkwardly, when everyone turns to stare at her she grins sheepishly, "was that bad?"

"No." Percy chuckles, "the whittle Canadian can be tolerated." He got many raised eyebrows in return, "what?"

"That could be seriously offensive Percy." Piper points out, "I'm Cherokee."

"I'm Italian!" Nico interrupts.

"I'm African-American from Alaska."

"You're actually the only 'American' in the room!" Piper cries, Percy looks away extremely embarrassed. "Wait no, no have Mrs O'Leary."

"Nope, she's from Canada too!" Nico snorts, "The breed originated from Newfoundland England but it's now a far of Canada."

"Sorry guys." Percy smiles sheepishly, Piper laughs and tackles him.

"That's alright Jackson." She says happily as the doorbell rings, the four stare at each other for a couple of second before Hazel sighs and moves to go and answer it.

A few minutes later, after Mrs O'Leary had scampered off to another corner of the room to cuddle with Nico and Percy was now leaning against the couch with Piper sitting happily in his lap Hazel re-enters the room with Annabeth and Thalia following her.

Piper's gut sinks at the sight, she looks away and presses her face into Percy's shoulders. A wave of shock rolls over her, she shouldn't be feeling like this about her best friend, she shouldn't be on verge tears and uncontrollable anger when seeing Annabeth with her girlfriend, and she shouldn't feel like this! It was wrong, it was selfish and it was hopeless. Oh so hopeless.

"Yo, why's Thalia here?" Percy asks bluntly, Piper shakes with a small laugh at her best friend's stupid tone.

"Because I want her here Jackson." Annabeth's snaps, Piper can almost feel Percy rolls his eyes but he holds his tongue and says no more.

"Hey," A voice whispers right beside Piper's ear, Piper jumps and yelps making the person giggle quietly, she turns to see Annabeth staring at her with big, beautiful grey orbs. "You okay Pipes?"

"I'm okay Annie." Piper smiles in return, Annabeth beams at her and then makes herself comfortable in a pile of blankets beside them.

"You going to get off me?" Percy asks, Piper shakes her head and wraps her arms around his neck.

"But I love you babe!" She cries in a high pitched voice, Percy rolls his eyes but shifts himself so that she's not crushing him as much.

"So what are we watching?" Thalia huffs after another twenty minutes and Will and Frank have turned up to curl up with Nico and Hazel respectively.

"-I don't know, the selection is down there." Percy says, interrupting Piper's bitch about being the only single person in the room, "and I'm single too."

"Okay let's see," Thalia says loudly cutting off whatever stupid argument Piper was about to chip in, Piper scowls making her hate for the girl increase. "We have The Big Bang Theory, American Horror Story, Sons of Anarchy and The Walking Dead."

"American Horror Story!" Nico and Will say at the same time then giggle in a sicking couple-y way.

"The Big Bang Theory." Annabeth reproaches, Hazel and Percy nod in agreement.

"Sons of Anarchy." Frank argues, Piper rolls her eyes and says her choice which is the most reasonable.

"We have to watch The Walking Dead, duh!" Piper cries at the same time as someone else, even the sassy 'duh' at the end. She glances to Thalia who sends her a cheeky wink, Piper looks away as the anger in her stomach starts to fade ever so slightly.

"I've never seen The Walking Dead." Nico muses quietly, "yeah that could be cool, and I could watch that."

"The Walking Dead is the best option there is!" Piper replies cutting off Hazel's cries about The Big Bang Theory.

"Yes see, Piper's awesome, Piper knows her shit." Thalia says pointing wildly too her.

"I'll watch The Walking Dead, I feel like crying so that could work." Percy continues pulling his blue stuffed horse to his chest and grinning sheepishly.

"Walking Dead it is!" Piper cheers, she sends a pillow flying into Annabeth's face before she can argue.

"Good job McLean." Thalia laughs leaning over Annabeth to reach Piper, "high five me!"

Piper laughs and does as she asks, as Thalia moves away and Percy shoves her off him to go get some popcorn Piper realises with a sunken feeling that it's almost impossible for her to hate Thalia.

Hey guys!

That was a lot longer than usual so hurray! I wanted to fit some more characters into this chapter and some pointless chit chat so I hope I did alright. About the nationality argument they had; I really hope I got that alright and I'm really sorry if I didn't! I don't know much about America and Canadians but I think that wasn't too out of context, if it was PLEASE, PLEASE TELL ME!

Also...guess who's just started watching The Walking Dead! I'm on episode 4 of season 1 SO NO SPOILERS PLEASE :D

Love Percy xx

P.S: Do you guys have any song suggestions for me? I'm running low of songs I haven't over played o.o