21: Breaking the Silence

Zander's Perspective:

I pulled my mate closely into me as we gazed up at the sky. She was wrapped in a blanket to cover her exposed arms and midsection and her body was turned into mine slightly with her legs over my legs. We had sat like this so many times in my truck as we laughed, and talked, and got to know each other over the last few months of our relationship. But then there we were, curled up in that same way on the beach where we had our first date. Everything was different now though, and the sunrise we were watching symbolized that we had survived the first night of Rose's transition.

"Well, my love, you did it. How do you feel?" I asked her as I looked down at her beautiful face and watched as her dark silky hair flowed into her face as the wind blew gently.

She paused for a moment and inhaled slowly before a single word rolled off of her lips. "Powerful," she admitted. I raised my eyebrows in return with a smile. "Everything in my body feels different," she added before taking another deep breath, "but it feels powerful," she finished as she looked up at me.

"You are powerful," I said with a smile. "You were created for this, I can tell in the way your wolf moves. I'm amazed by you," I shared.

"Oh really?" she looked into my eyes playfully. "You're amazed by me?" she asked as she sat up and moved her face closer to mine with her legs still over my lap. I nodded my head yes and laughed at her sudden playfulness. "Picture this, you're a human enjoying an ice cream cone with a man you only just met and he leads you into the woods where he transforms into the biggest creature you've ever seen. And it clicks for you and you confirm that yes, he's the same man who was standing before you moments before... amazed like that, Zander?" she asked with a flirtatious look in her eyes.

"Something like that," I laughed as she shifted her weight and swung one leg to the other side of my hips so she was sitting in my lap entirely. My hands found her hips as I continued laughing at her memory of the first time I revealed my wolf to her.

"Or is it more like the kind of amazed when that same creature walks away from you and goes behind a truck door before coming back moments later as a man you just realized you're truly in love with and you're seeing him without a shirt on for the first time so you can't even really process what is happening because you imagined he'd be hot, but not that hot," she continued and her hands found my neck.

I laughed in response as I looked into her eyes. "Just kiss me already, Rose," I told her. And she did instantly. It was the most beautiful kiss we'd shared all morning. Her lips had truly come to know mine deeply and intimately. I felt closeness to her at the forefront of the moment as desire for her overtook me.

She leaned in with her hands on my chest and pressed my back into her blanket on top of the sand. She was on top of me and in total control of our moment together. I could feel her body begging to be closer but there was no way to feel more of each other and I recognized instantly the power of our connection. I grabbed her hair and pulled her onto the ground next to me before I climbed on top of her. She giggled slightly before her tongue traced my lips and I could no longer resist tracing over my mark on her neck.

Mine. I let out through our mind link. I could feel her whole body shiver as she heard me in her mind.

"I can't even think straight when you kiss me like that," she said as she struggled to catch her  breath. Her admission pulled me back to reality.

"I'm sorry, Rose, I..." I chuckled, "I wasn't thinking," I told her.

"Please don't be sorry, Zander. I hate that you apologize. I just never imagined I'd crave the closeness to you like this. Touch has never been a love language for me," she giggled.