15

Donghyuck is covered in sweat when he regains consciousness, gasping for breath.

No,” he groans, curling in on himself. “No, no, no, no, no.

He feels sick again, grabbing at his stomach. But he knows that he isn’t going to throw up this time and that his nausea is coming from mental rather than physical problems. The cool of the ground reminds him too much of the cold skin of a dead body. It forces him to sit up despite shaking so hard he can hardly move.

I can’t do this anymore.” he groans.

Donghyuck grabs at his head, face scrunching up in pain.

He knows that he had made too much noise, falling back against the shelf and knocking it over. If he was in a safe place he’d be alright but it isn’t safe here. He can feel it in the air—he needs to go now.

When he exits the 7-Eleven he expects the worse and is met with it. The walkers heard the noise of course, heads all turned to him. Among his muddled emotions he feels the fear come back again, screaming at his limbs to move. But for the first time he watches them, their stumbling gaze towards him with drooling mouths opened wide.

What am I doing? Donghyuck thinks when he finally starts to run, trying to get his limbs to stop shaking.

There was something terrifying about running away from them alone again. He hadn’t dealt with such a large number by himself since… well long before the group had even come together as one. The last time was probably when he first met Mark.