4

Want to do something completely stupid and dangerous?” Jisung asked after they got dried and changed that afternoon, the smile on his face promising no good.

Donghyuck groaned.

What is it?” Mark asked, skeptical.

Jisung paused for dramatic effect, hands behind his back. He looked at them all and then whipped a bag from behind his back, holding it in the air triumphantly. “Fireworks!” he yelled, taking out two from the bag and waving them in the air.

Christ, Jisung, do you want to get us killed?” Donghyuck asked in exasperation. “No way. Walkers would surround this place before morning.

We can’t always get away from walkers so easily, you know.” Mark scolded, frowning. “At any moment they could catch us off guard and we’d be dead. The risk is too high.

All we have to do is leave right after though, right? Even if walkers hear and come we’ll be long gone by the time they get here.” Chenle suggested, warming up to the idea first, as usual.

There could be some in the area right now! Do you really want to risk dying because of fireworks?

We’ve got to live a little to want to stay living, you know?” Jisung insisted, looking at him pleadingly. He snuggled close to Mark afterwards because he was the weakest out of the two of them, trying to widen his eyes and pout like Jaemin would do when he wanted something bad enough. “What do you say, hyung? It sounds fun, doesn’t it?

Maybe it could work.” Mark said slowly, looking swayed.

Mark not you too!” Donghyuck felt like he was the only one with some self-preservation at this point, looking around at all the hopeful faces staring back at him.

These aren’t the loud and flashy ones, hyung.” Jisung promised. “They’re just sparklers.

Donghyuck hated when they all turned against him like this, making him feel like some sort of buzz killer. They were definitely going to get him killed one day. This had to be one of the most reckless, careless, insane, did he say reckless—

We’re doing them all at once and then getting the hell out of here.” he said after a while of silence, fighting against his better judgement. “There’s going to be no stopping until we get to Busan, okay?

Yes!” Jisung exclaimed, peeling off of Mark to hug him before joining the others in looking at the fireworks he brought.

Amongst the excited chatter Donghyuck dug his fingers into his jeans, nerves threatening to eat him alive. He could take some impulsive actions, but this was just like putting a target on their heads and welcoming walkers to come and get them.

It’ll be alright.” Mark promised him quietly as Jisung started to hand out the fireworks, taking one of his hands in his to keep Donghyuck from scratching through the fabric of his jeans. “I’ll keep an eye out for any walkers and if we see any we’ll leave immediately.

I hope you’re right.” Donghyuck said with a shaky sigh, shaking his head. “I can’t believe you agreed to this.

I guess I just want to keep our spirits up. It won’t hurt to live a little, Hyuck. If you had your way we’d be hermits.

Donghyuck could only sigh again. He agreed that they should have fun every once and a while but his idea of that was a little less… attention grabbing.