11

Let’s climb up that cart!” Jisung yelled one day, pointing.

In his excitement he nearly fell over as he tried to balance on the train tracks, taking hold of Jaemin's broadening shoulders as they all walked along. Through exploring the area they found this place, tons of abandoned train carts lined up along equally unused train tracks.

Why would you want to do that?” Jeno asked, scrunching up his nose and tilting his head back to look at the top.

I bet the view is cool.” Jisung defended, frowning and wrapping his arms around Jaemin. “What do you think, Nana hyung?

I think we should.” Jaemin said easily with a smile.

Jisung's gummy smile grew on his face.

Are we really doing this?” Renjun asked apprehensively when eventually everyone was running towards the cart.

It might be fun, let’s just try it.” Mark said.

After the first time they always came back, much to Donghyuck's delight.

It was high, and Donghyuck loved heights. Renjun didn’t though; he screamed in fear every time they had to come down, biting his shirt in some sort of attempt not to be as loud. Going up, though, that was the fun part. They were all there to help each other, Mark and Chenle the first to go up. After they were settled they would take a hold of the next person’s hand and pull them the rest of the way up. Once the last person was up they would sit, looking out across the city.

I want to ride an airplane one day.” Jaemin would say each time, resting back on his arms and looking up at the sky. “I’ll be able to look down and see how small everything is and laugh because we made it.

I’d pass at that.” Renjun would groan, looking green as he buried his head into Chenle's shoulder. “I like my feet at most within this distance of the ground.

It’d be fun Junnie!” Jaemin would shoot back, laughing. “Plus we’d all be there. You wouldn’t want to be the only one left out, right?

I’d survive.

Even if Renjun said that, Donghyuck knew that he wouldn’t be able to resist if it actually happened. None of them would let him live it down. Just like Renjun had convinced himself to join them up on the cart Donghyuck was sure that he would get on the airplane, even if he had to squeeze and pinch Chenle, his favorite target to release his pent up fear on.