An A-RANKED FIGHT

Disclaimer-This story idea or characters does not belong to me the story idea belongs to NXSE on fanfiction.net and the characters belong to KISHIMOTO the owner of Naruto.

On the Road to Wave

Team 7 along with Tazuna were  walking down the path towards wave country. They were in a diamond formation around Tazuna with Sakura at point, Naruto and Satsuki at the sides and Kakashi at the rear. Sakura was making small talk with Tazuna about their village and Kakashi had just explained to her the division of the ninja villages. Naruto was looking around at the scenery happily as this was the first time he had ever been outside. Satsuki was just indifferent and was walking silently while Kakashi was reading his book.

"Hey loser what are you smiling about?" she asked and he looked at her with a smile.

"This is the first time I've ever been outside the village. Have you ever been outside the village walls guys?" he asked and Sakura nodded happily.

"Of course my parents are merchants and I've been to several villages before." She chirped happily.

"Yeah I've been outside too before when I was small for clan affairs." Satsuki said and Naruto nodded. He didn't want to ask her any further and bring up any bad memories. Looks like he was the only one who hadn't been outside the village. Maybe that was because they all had families that took them out for some reason he mused then shook those depressing thoughts out and continued gazing down the path.

"Are you sure they are ready to protect me?" Tazuna asked nervously hearing Naruto hadn't even been outside the village before.

"Yes this is a C-rank mission and will consist mostly of thieves and bandits with no ninja encounters and a genin can handle them no problem. Plus, I'm a Jounin an elite Ninja so there's no need to be worried about." He said with an eye smile and got back to reading as Tazuna nodded nervously and drank some more sake. Kakashi appeared the normal outside but was getting suspicious with his nervousness but kept it in the back of his mind for the time being and kept to his reading.

They walked for a few hours until noon when they walked past a puddle. Kakashi glanced at it but kept walking when suddenly two figures came out from the puddles and charged at Kakashi. They wrapped their chains around Kakashi and pulled as he was torn apart to pieces.

"One down." One of them said and they charged at the genin. Satsuki and Naruto each took on one of them as Satsuki threw a shuriken at their chains and Naruto lodged in a kunai through the hole as both delivered a roundhouse kick to their faces and yanked of the chains. Naruto made a cross hand seal and moulded the required chakra.

"Ninja Art : Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu" He yelled as ten clones poofed into existence and dogpiled over the two mist ninjas as a beat down ensued and they were knocked unconscious. Satsuki took out a kunai and went ahead to slash their throats as Naruto caught her wrist and she glared at him and he glared back as she backed away. He rarely ever got any emotions besides his happy and smiling nature and she knew he didn't want her to kill them.

"Why would you show mercy to them? They came at us with the intention to kill we should return the favour. Or have you forgotten about what they did to Kakashi?" She said annoyed and he let go of her wrist as she rubbed it and he narrowed his eyes at her last remark.

"They can have information that can be useful to the mission and more intel which could help our village if interrogated. They are worth more alive than dead and as for Kakashi you don't think they actually got them with that lame ambush now do you?" he asked and she looked back at the spot where Kakashi was to see splintered logs and immediately deduced he used a Substitution Jutsu. She huffed and walked over to them tying them up with ninja wires as clapping was heard.