chapter 7

Dean had carried Maya to the infirmary and helped Carina remove her space suit.

The brunette immediately put an oxygen mask on her mouth and nose and infused her with saline solution.

-"Carina you said that she had made a hypoxemia, it is not a hypoxia?"

- "she in hypoxemia, I really hope for your sake that we are not at the hypoxia stage!"

- "hey, I had nothing to do with it, she..."

- "I know Maya is a fierce and scary little woman but you're three times her weight and twice her size, you could have forced her, stood up to her. But I reassure you that I am also angry with Ben! He should have kept her safe and made her take breaks!" Carina was angry and her accent stood out more than usual making it difficult to understand.

- "Carina I..."

- "oh but I reassure you that as soon as she wakes up she's going to have a bad time too!"

- "sorry Carina" said the man, lowering his eyes to his feet.

She had taken a deep breath to calm herself.

-"Can we go back? Is everything fixed?"

-"Yes, we can go back, Maya did great, she probably saved all of our lives."

- "Thanks Dean, you're good to go"

- "don't you need help?"

- "Are you a doctor?!" The sentence came out more curt than she had intended. "Excuse me... No thanks."

- "It works... Sorry again."

He had walked out of the room and Carina had looked down at Maya, the outline of her eyes was gray, her lips were white and looked dry, her skin was livid. She had run her hand through her hair, "Dean says you saved our lives... But you are my life ..."
Did she leaning and coming to remove the oxygen mask to place a kiss on these lips, to the beautiful sleeping beauty.

The Italian had taken her vital signs, her pulse, her temperature, she had put under monitoring.

She had retrieved the brain scan helmet, she had never used it and it looked more like the Iron Mask in the eponymous movie, than a medical device, but after plugging it in she was finally relieved, nothing seemed abnormal in Maya's brain. The shock had, by chance, only made a bump on her head.

She then cut off her clothes and ran the ultrasound over her entire body to see if she had any internal injuries.

Fortunately the suits were thick and the weightlessness had saved her from many injuries. She would have some bruises though and one of her forearms looked slightly swollen, she must have hit herself a little harder with that one.

From time to time Maya opened her eyes, but now she was still too weak to stay awake. The Italian saw her open her eyes, look around the room for a second and then close them again.

She was sad and at the same time relieved, she could not imagine that something serious could happen to her, not there that she had revealed her her feelings, or then this sentence said once, would fall really as a fatality: 'It is always said that the most beautiful love stories have the most tragic ends'. She had just declared her love to this woman less than twenty-four hours ago and now she was already lying on the equivalent of a hospital bed.

Oxygen was still coming in through a cannula that she had switched out for the oxygen mask once the tests were over. The saline solution continued to feed her body, she had been quite dehydrated.

The Italian was sitting next to the blonde and she was waiting for her to wake up once and for all.

/Flashback/