Hogwarts Most Wanted- CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER 2

I turned back to my table also as the red head Fred dropped the gaze.

“So,” Draco began again. “You single?” He asked me. I must admit he was rather good looking but his attitude was quite off-putting.

“No.” I replied blankly. Triumph plastered his face as he tried to get closer to me.

“Wanna go out then?” Draco looked me up and down with a sly smile.

“No.” I repeated. His expression dropped to disappointment.

“But…” Draco was interrupted by the booming voice of the headmaster.

“Welcome students. I’d like to introduce to you your new Defence against the Dark Arts teacher. Professor James Woods.” The hall erupted in applause as a man with silky black hair arose from his seat only to sit back down again. He looked to be only 19 or 20 years old. He wore dark clothes with a big grey trench coat, hiding a hooded jumper.

“Bloody hell!” Whispered Draco. “We get a new bloody Defence against the Dark Arts teacher every year!”

“Really?” I asked him quite concerned.

“Yep.” He replied as if mocking me. I rolled my eyes and turned to face the Gryffindor table in hope to link sight with red head Fred again.

As I looked I stared at the other red haired boy that looked exactly like Fred. I knew it wasn’t Fred because when I looked at him I didn’t get shivers up my spine or butterflies in my stomach. I got that before when I looked at Fred and was now dying to get the same sensation. I looked away as giant masses of food appeared on golden platters in front of me. I hesitantly grabbed a plateful and started eating.

***

Waking up the next morning I felt anxious to see the red head Fred again and worried to see Draco. Maybe a little trick would make me feel better? Nah, better not, it being my first day and all. I stretched before getting up from my bed and pulled out a mirror from my trunk. I picked the usual hair colour, got changed into my school robes and headed towards the exit of the common room.

I walked towards the great hall to have breakfast completely lost in thought as I ran into a wall. I fell backwards and awaited the pain of the hard stone ground, but it never came. All I felt were butterflies and two strong hands wrapped around my waist. Carefully, I was put back to my feet.

“Might wanna look out for those walls.” Said Fred holding my shoulders.

“Feisty things they are.” Said the other I presumed to be George.

“Th…Thanks.” I replied holding my throbbing head which I had now discovered was bleeding.

“That looks painful. Might need to get you to Madame Pomfrey.” Said Fred inspecting my bleeding forehead. “George can you tell the others I’ll be along later? I better take this pretty little thing to the hospital wing.” I felt red creep onto my cheeks as Fred wrapped his arms around my shoulders. “Wouldn’t want her to get hurt any more than she already is.”

“Sure Mate, see you later.” George walked off around the corner.

“I’m Fred by the way.”

“I’m Annora, Annie for short.”

“Pleasure to meet you gorgeous.” One thing was for sure, he wasn’t shy. The red in my cheeks turned a deeper red. “C’mon we better be back for classes.”

We arrived at the hospital wing soon enough. On the way I had almost fell over five times. Lucky Fred was there as my safety belt. Fred stood me near one of the beds as he spoke to Madame Pomfrey.

“What’s happened my dear?” She asked in a gentle voice.

“Miss Annie here accidently ran into a wall. Her heads bleeding slightly and she seems to be a bit dizzy.”

“Don’t worry dear I’ll check her out soon.”

“Annie are you ok? ANNIE!” I felt myself drift into darkness slowly, like a feather falling to the ground.

I woke up feeling woozy. I opened my eyes to see a concerned Fred above me, holding me around my waist.

“You’re too sweet Fred.” I whispered softly. His eyes immediately flashed towards me as a large grin played on his lips.

“Your quite the klutz now aren’t you gorgeous?” I was pretty sure it was a rhetorical question but I answered.

“Just because you’re not cool enough to run into walls.” He gave a small laugh as Madame Pomfrey returned. She dabbed a small amount of liquid onto a cotton ball and pressed it onto my cut.

“There you go my dears, it should be better now.” I perked up instantly and thanked Madame Pomfrey.

“Thank you Madame Pomfrey!” Yelled Fred from the halls. “Funny isn’t it?” He asked me.

“What?”

“I thought you’d go for George.”

“What do you mean?”

“Oh…nothing.”