Hogwarts Most Wanted- CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

I sat waiting anxious to see which house I would be sorted into. The hat took its time making its decision as it had already been five minutes. I started to play with my nails and make them change colours as the hat ran its options through its head again. I got bored with my nails so I started to hum. I watched as all the students in the great hall sat anxiously awaiting the hats decision.

“Hurry up will you!?!” I scowled at the hat.

“I give up.” The hat whispered. “Which house would you like to be in?”

“Uhhhh……Huffl-” I started.

“Better be…SLYTHERIN!” The hat screamed. Sure I was new to 7th year at Hogwarts but I’m sure that a sorting isn’t supposed to take that long. Or that I shouldn’t pick my own house. But…it did pick the opposite of what I was going to say so nevertheless I walked towards the decorated table and sat at the end by myself. I didn’t feel as if I belonged there. Again, I started to play and change the colours of my nails, blue, purple or black? I ended up going with my new house colours. The colours green and silver striped across my thumb, index finger, middle finger and pinkie finger. My other finger nail was a plain green. I felt uneasy as I felt eyes burning into the side of my face. I turned to see a silver haired boy eyeing me off like a piece of meat. He bit his bottom lip before he moved towards me and spoke.

“Names Malfoy, Draco Malfoy.” He said TRYING to be seductive. “And you?” He asked.

“Annora, Annie for short.” I told him feeling uncomfortable.

“Last name?” He asked.

“My full name is Annora Keys Goyle.” I stated, disgusted by my last name. At that moment my brother, Greg, woke up for his food coma and realised I had been sitting at the Slytherin table.

“Mum sent you ‘ere?” He asked wiping his nose on his sleeve. Lucky I was adopted.

“Your related…TO HIM!” Draco partially yelled. I nodded hesitantly. “But you…you’re….you’re bloody gorgeous and he….well he’s him!” He stated confused.  

“Well…One…Thank you and two if it clears anything up I was adopted.” Draco then started rambling on about how he ‘owns’ the school. I averted my eyes as a pig faced girl started glaring at me and sucking up to Draco. I looked around at all the different people in the hall eating. The Hufflepuffs were having a laugh and the Ravenclaws were all chatting. Unknowingly, my eyes caught sign of the Gryffindor table. I looked at all the ‘brave and smart’ people when a flash of red caught my attention. I focused in other the bright headed figure and caught the glimpse of a cute seventh year boy. He looked back at me and we held the gaze for a few minutes. He gave me a small smile and by that time Draco had caught on.

“You looking at that blood traitor Weasley?”

“Huh?” I managed still looking at the boy.

“That one’s….Fred I think…or maybe George. Whichever one it is he’s a blood traitor.” Suddenly, out of nowhere a second cute red haired boy appeared.

“Fred?” He asked. “Fred? Mate are you ok?” Soon enough he had caught on too. The boy Fred gave me a wink before turning back to his house.