chapter 34

Kie's POV:

We finished eating breakfast and we were on our way to the chateau. Our friends were all leaving later today to go back to school so we were going to break the news to them that we were a couple.

We arrived at the Chateau with our daughter who decided to break the news to our friends for us. She walked in so excited and told everyone, "Mommy and daddy kissed"

Everyone laughed and looked at us and JJ grabbed me and kissed me in front of everyone. This was new for us. We've never kissed in front of our friends and JJ and I have been best friends, parents even and it just felt different but so natural at the same time.

"Damnnn, JJ finally got his girl" John B said smiling as he gave JJ the typical guy hug

Sarah was almost in tears as she hugged me and said, "I am so happy for you, JJ, and Soph"

"Thanks, Sarah" I said

"Wow, who would've thought JJ and Kie would actually be in a relationship? And one that I'm jealous of. Happy for you guys" Pope said hugging us both

We told our friends that we got together after my graduation and JJ joked but I think he might have been serious at the same time, "Now, I gotta start looking at rings"

Our eyes connected for just a brief second and he meant it in a funny lighthearted mood but that glimpse of eye contact we shared told me he was serious. We spent the next few hours hanging with our friends before they all left to go back to school/work.

JJ and I locked up the Chateau and we went home. I loved going home together as a family. Every Friday or Saturday was mine and JJ's date/night. Every week we would go on a date. It was JJ's idea and I liked it.

Last week was our first date and JJ went all out. He got my flowers, we went to dinner, and he ended the night getting my favorite ice cream. We ended the night taking a candle-lit bath together. It was super romantic and JJ said, "Don't get used to these fancy dates. I wanted to do something special for our first real official date"

I laughed and said, "I can't believe after being best friends for how many years, hooking up once, and then us having a child together who is almost three and we've never been on a real date"

He looked at me and said, "Those nights when I'd take you out once a month when Soph was tiny, to me they were real dates. I couldn't call them dates because you wouldn't go with me. But we both needed to just get out away from the baby to clear our heads and be better parents"

"You're right, those dates were everything to me. Thank you"

This week for our date, we just went Saturday morning and my mom watched Soph. JJ and I went to the beach and went surfing together. We haven't done this in ages. He's surfed a lot, but I haven't so it resulted in a friendly competition. We spent two hours on the water and then we went to my parent's house to pick Soph up.

She missed seeing my parent's all the time and they loved hanging out with her so it was a win-win situation. My dad invited us over for dinner tomorrow night and we happily accepted the offer.

Sunday night, we went to my parent's house and they made JJ's favorite seafood dishes. He was so excited.

"Wow, make his favorite. Okay, I see who your favorite it" I teased my mom who laughed and hugged me

"How is it going living together?" She asked

"It's been amazing" I answered smiling as I looked at JJ who was talking to my dad in the kitchen

I looked at my mom and said, "JJ has been bringing up getting married a lot lately"

"Are you ready to get married?" She asked

"Yeah, I am. I know we haven't been dating that long but we've been doing life together for almost three years and we also want to have another baby"

"Please have another. I love Sophia so much and I wish your dad and I would have had more kids for you to have siblings. Have all the kids, darling"

"Why didn't you and dad have more kids?"

"We got busy owning the Wreck and we were young and needed the money. Our family didn't leave nearby so it was just us trying to survive and raise you. But I promise you'll always have me and your dad. We love watching Sophia"

We ate dinner and talked about our upcoming trip to Spain to celebrate my graduation. I was also going to start my new job in a month. So much was happening so fast.

While we were in Spain, JJ proposed to me. It was one evening after dinner and we were going for a walk as a family, including my parents. JJ totally had it all planned out and my mom and dad did a great job hiding it.

JJ and I were walking and he said, "It's crazy how far we've come. You always said you wanted to go to Spain and here we are. Kind of like another dream came true"

"Yeah, a lot of my dreams have become real recently. Next trip we go on, you pick the destination"

"Sounds like a deal to me" JJ smirked and I didn't know what was so funny, little did I know that next trip was going to be our honeymoon

JJ got down on one knee and my mom, dad, and Soph were a few feet back. He looked at me and said, "You are my dream come true, Kie. You and our daughter. I know we haven't been dating long but fuck it, it feels like we've been dating for years unofficially. I love you so fucking much and I don't want to wait any longer. Will you marry me?"

I had tears in my eyes and I couldn't believe this. It was so perfect in every way. I looked at my boyfriend and said, "Yes"

He stood up and hugged me. He held me in his arms and I said, "I love you"

He broke the hug and slipped the ring on my finger. It was gorgeous. It was my dream ring. He must have talked to my mom and snooped on my Pinterest board. I kissed him and he kissed me back for a few seconds.

"Yay!!!" Sophia interrupted the kiss as she ran to us

She practically jumped into JJ's arms and he picked her up and hugged her. JJ hugged me and he kissed the top of my head.

"Mommy and daddy are getting married," I said so excited to Sophia

"I'm flower girl" She announced which made me and JJ start laughing

"Yes, you'll be our flower girl" I said as JJ kissed me again

I looked up and realized my mom got the whole thing on video. She came running over and hugged me and then JJ and my dad did the same thing.

"Time to celebrate with some champagne," My dad said

"Hell yeah" JJ said

I loved seeing how my dad and JJ have become like best friends. I don't know if it's weird, normal, or what. Whatever it was, I was happy JJ had a father figure in his life. I never would have pictured JJ being friends with my parents when we were in high school and they hated him.

My mom hugged me again and said, "You picked a good one"

"I know" I said watching JJ as I thought about all the wedding planning that was about to happen

JJ and I took a few pictures and texted our friends quickly and then we posted them all over social media.

John B: I knew it was gonna happen in Spain! Congrats but you know it's not too late to run Kie

John B: Just kidding, love you guys

Pope: SHIT!!! That's amazing

Pope: GOALS! I'm officially jealous of JJ's love life

John B: Same.... Sorry, Sarah

Sarah: I am SCREAMING!!! Congrats!!! I love you guys so much

Sarah: Please call me when you get home from Spain and tell me everything