chapter 11

Kie's POV:

The thing with Luke was a lot for JJ and it was a lot for me. I knew he didn't want to go back to my parent's house and as much as he wanted to see Sophia, he didn't want her to see him like this.

I was so thankful that JJ let me in, allowed me to come, and spilled his guts to me. His secrets were always safe with me. I took him to one of those rage rooms and it was very therapeutic for him. He released his anger and stress in physical ways. Usually, a fight, punching inanimate objects which caused a lot of damage to his hand or doing intense workouts. However, with me, he'd talk through whatever was bothering him.

We returned home to OBX and walked inside. My parents hugged JJ and then Sophia appeared and she ran to her daddy. JJ picked her up and gave her the biggest hug.

"I love you so much, Sophia Anna Maybank... No matter what" He whispered to her

The next few months went on like normal. It was now summer break and John B, Sarah, and Pope were all home for summer. I was so excited to spend all summer with my friends.

JJ finished the house and on our monthly 'date' he brought me to see the finished house. It looked incredible. He had the cutest room set up for Sophia. It was his old childhood room. The house looked completely different.

"Wow! This is incredible, JJ. You did such an amazing job. It's gorgeous"

"Thanks" He said so casually

"Hey, give yourself credit for this. It's amazing and you deserve to hear how incredible it is. I can't wait for Sophia to see her room"

"Neither can I. Wanna go get her and surprise her with a sleepover here tonight?"

"Yeah, let's do it" JJ said as we headed back to pack Sophia an overnight bag

I only packed a bag for Sophia and JJ packed his own stuff. I was just planning on coming home and sleeping here. It would be good for Sophia to get used to JJ's house with just JJ living there.

We arrived at the house and JJ was the one showing Sophia the house. She went crazy when she saw her room. She totally loved it and I got the whole thing on video. JJ designed it himself, with a little help from my mom.

We got Sophia all ready for bed. We read her two books and got her comfortable in her room. She had her favorite night light on and JJ and I left her alone in her room. She's always been in my room before tonight.

"Do you mind if I stay just until she falls asleep?" I asked worried that she'll wake up scared

"Not at all, can I get you anything?"

"I'm good, thank you" I said as I went and sat on the couch

JJ came and sat next to me and he turned the tv on and logged into my family's Netflix account. He put on some horror movie and we were watching it. We both loved scary movies. The movie had been on for a few minutes and I got up and grabbed a blanket. I was always freezing cold.

JJ decided to start talking, "I've been thinking a lot about this, Kie. We already live together and we parent our daughter together. She's used to us being together all the time. You should move in here with me. We'd have our own space and be out of your parent's house. I even expanded the closet so all your clothes will fit"

"You did?" I asked and he brought me into the master bedroom where he showed me and I couldn't help but smile. I always told him that someday when I move out I need a closet big enough for all my clothes

We went back to the living room and I looked at him and he was so happy. I could feel his blue eyes staring into my eyes. He slowly leaned in closer to me. I was about to speak when he kissed me. His lips were so soft, gentle, and comforting, I know I should have pulled away, but I didn't. I kissed him back.

He pulled my body closer to his and he fell back to the side of the couch. I straddled him as we continued to kiss. JJ lifted my shirt off and he was kissing my collarbone and my chest as he decided to switch things up. He laid me down so he was hovering over the top of me. He lifted my shirt over my head and he pulled his off too.

He went back to sucking my neck and then kissing his way up to my lips. I could feel him getting hard. I wasn't even processing what was happening before I pulled away when I heard cried coming from Sophia's room.

"Mommy" She called out in a scared voice

JJ and I broke apart and slipped away grabbing my shirt and putting it on as I rushed to her room. She was scared so so laid in her bed with her until she fell back asleep. I didn't want to leave her room because I had to face JJ.

I don't know what happened out there but what if Sophia would have walked out? What if she wouldn't have woken up and interrupted in? Would we have had sex?

My head was spinning with all these questions and I must have fallen asleep because I woke up in my daughters room next to her in bed.

"Good morning, princess" I said as she was already awake waiting for me to get up

"Mommy" She said crawling into my arms

JJ walked in the room and he said, "Good morning"

Sophia got out of bed and went and gave him a hug. JJ had breakfast all made and he went all out. There was eggs, bacon, toast, and pancakes. He was actually a really good cook.

We ate breakfast together and then I left to go hoke and shower, leaving JJ and Sophia alone. I went home to shower and figure out what I was going to say to JJ. I obviously couldn't say anything to him this morning with Sophia alone. I just needed to talk to him alone.