5. sᴛᴀɴᴅ...?

Over time, you started noticing more and more that you could inexplicably tell when someone was lying. When you would occasionally play a game with the elder D'arby (you would bet snacks rather than souls), you could always call him out on his bluffs. And when you brought to your boyfriend's attention that one of the ten people he had recently hired was being deceitful somehow, he thought about it for a moment before saying he would look into it to ease your suspicions. A few days later, the bloody and bruised person in question confessed leaving everyone in shock but you.

One day, you were walking around the mansion looking for something to do, since calling the D'arbys out on their cheating had gotten old and Dio was busy somewhere. You heard Enyaba speaking to someone in a room you were passing. Deciding to stop in and say hello, you opened the door and peeked your head in, just to stop and stare in awe at what you were looking at.

In the room, Enyaba seemed to be teaching Dio something, but what caught your attention was the bizarre... man? Standing beside your boyfriend. Most of its frame appeared to be covered in yellow and grey armour, and its skin seems to be grey, although there were a handful of green hearts, a heart on his chin, one on each knee and two at his crotch.

Dio seemed to notice your presence and in the blink of an eye, he was directly in front of you. You jumped startled by his sudden reappearance. "M/N," he frowned slightly "What are you doing in here?"

"I-I heard Enyaba and thought I'd say hi..." you said, noticeably distracted. Your arm raises to gesture towards the strange figure in the room as you ask Dio "Who's that?"

Dio's previously furrowed brows shoot upwards in surprise. "Who?" He asks seemingly confused. You immediately see through this act, though.

Your eyes made their way to Dio, suddenly becoming slightly condescending, although it was admittedly difficult to take your eyes off the strange being. "Dio, there's a giant yellow man in the room."

Dio and Enyaba seemed shocked at this. "So," the woman mutters, "both lords are stand users."

Your head snaps to the voice suddenly remembering Enyaba's presence. "Stand users? What's a stand?"

After a brief history lesson from both Enyaba and Dio, the only thing you can think to say is. "So... if only stand users can see stands... I have one?"

"It would appear so." Your boyfriend remarks "It would explain your ability to catch lies so easily, although the fact that your just discovering it now is unusual."

It's now that you hear a slight growl from a dark corner on the other side of the room, you can see a strange face peeking from the shadows. Its head is a triangle in shape, with the top of its head being flat and its jaw coming to a point. It had an insane amount of teeth, stretching to the very ends of its jaw, which took up a good portion of its face.
The creature's face was pale and emaciated, with its nose looking like it had rotted away. Then there were its eyes, or rather, lack thereof. It had large empty sockets, black lines bleeding from them into the rest of its face. You were frozen in place, terrified of the entity in front of you, but there was also a sense of... familiarity.

You took a step towards the figure and - almost instinctively - utter two simple words: "The Disguise"

Edited <3