Chapter 13

Beyoncé Knowles pov
"What's up, what's up," I said walking into the studio.
"What's good Bey. Nice to see you man," Khalil called out as I sat down.
"Glad to be back man. Who we got in the booth today?" I asked taking a sip of my water and pulling out my phone.
"Some girl Angie found. Her name is Jonay or some shit like that," he shrugged. I nodded and hopped on Instagram scrolling through my feed to waste time. I stopped on Kehlani's post and saw a picture of herself. Words couldn't describe how beautiful she looked. I swiped through the carousel, before clicking on her actual page and I was kinda shocked. The next picture posted was her holding hands with someone at sunset. Damn she moved on quick. And here I am still stuck on her fine ass.
"Hi, thank you guys for having me," I heard a familiar voice speak as the door opened. I looked up and I could have busted out laughing.
"Nice too meet you as well. I'm Khalil, this is our label owner-,"
"Bey?" She said when she finally realized who I was.
"What's good baby girl. I know her Khalil, that's baby sis," he nodded his head.
"Oh for sure. Well gone head and hop in the booth, let us see what you got," she nodded and did just that. They rest of her session went pretty smooth and once it was over she stuck around to catch up.
"What happened to  you dickhead. I literally was calling you for months straight. Just cause you and Lani broke up don't got nothing to do with me," she said folding her arms across her chest. I smiled at her, acting just like her damn sister.
"It wasn't like that Jhené. I was going through a lot mentally. I wasn't in contact with anyone for a long time. But it's always love baby sis. I promise you that," she nodded and reached out for a hug. I returned the hug, before asking her a question.
"How's Lani and the baby doing?" That made her smile.
"She's doing as best she can. And the baby's great. She's literally so perfect. I wish you could meet her Bey," she pouted.
"Yeah me too baby girl. Well I'll let you go, I gotta go head to this next meeting but ill check in on you soon. And the record deal so yours just so you know. I had no idea you sung, and that well at that," she smiled and thanked me again before leaving. Why are the damn odds of that happening today. I walked upstairs to my office and sat down waiting on whomever to come in. About five minutes later there was a knock at my door.
"Come on," the door pushed open and of course, it was Solana and her manager, Cobalt.
"Hi, how can I help you two?" I asked as professional as possible. I made sure to press record as well on my personal recorder being that the security cams didn't have sound in the office.
"We wanted to discuss the renewal for Solana's contract. It expires in a month so we want to get on that asap," I nodded.
"I'm glad that you said that. However if you would have looked at the email sent about four months ago, Solana's contract is not eligible for renewal. She would need a new contract, however Parkwood is not looking to sign anymore artist at the moment. Once your contact is done you'll be ab independent artist," I explained. Her mouth opened a bit in shock.
"Seriously Bey! Just cause we broke up you gone drop me?!?" I sighed knowing where this was headed.
"No. Your an amazing artist Solana. You sing very well. But logistically your career no longer fits at Parkwood entertainment," she huffed and knocked shit off of my desk, before she stormed out. Her manager apologized and followed after her. Well shit time to go home I guess. I grabbed my bag and locked my office door before heading out.
"Hey Bey wait up!" I heard someone call out. I turned around and pulled out my AirPod. I was met with one of my favorite people.
"Vic, what's up?" I greeted her as I gave her a hug. I smiled at the little baby she held on her hip too.
"Hi little Hazel," I coped as she smiled all gummy.
"I wanted to ask you if you've heard for Keh. I was able to get in touch with her for a while and than nothing. Like she disappeared off the face of the earth. And I'm scared Bey. She's ya know," she motioned to suicidal. I gasped a little.
"Are you serious? No I haven't heard from her in a while. She broke up with me and blocked me on everything. I talked to her sister today though and she said her and the baby were good," I said as she sighed and nodded.
"That's good than. I was just worried about her. But you, how are you doing?" She asked. I shrugged, which was the truth I really don't know how I'm doing.
"I mean ion know Fr. Just taking it one day at a time I guess," she nodded rubbing my arm.
"Well I'm always here if you need to talk. Please reach out, I don't wanna hear no nonsense about you Beyonce," she said ky government making me chuckle.
"I hear you Vic," with that we hugged once more and went our separate ways.

Kehlani pov
"Cocomelon!" The tv sang as Adeya did tummy time in front of it. I continued cooking as i watched her on the baby monitor. My phone dinged indicating I was getting a message.

Dani- Hey Lani. We still good for tomorrow?

I totally forgot I was supposed to be meeting Danielle tomorrow. I had accidentally double booked too, because I was supposed to do lunch with my aunt tomorrow.

Kehlani- don't be mad at me🫣 I forgot but I need to meet with my aunt tm. Can we push it back an hour or two?

Dani- yeah ofc. No problem beautiful, lmk when you wanna meet I'll be free

I blushed a little. It's been a while since someone called me beautiful and it felt kind of nice. I shook it off and like her message before letting her know what time. I finished the pasta and scooped some in a bowl, before joining Dey in the living room. When I walked in and she saw me her eyes lit up. She was my world just and much as I was hers.
"Hey pretty girl. You watching Cocomelon?" She babbled on before giving the tv her attention again. I scrolled through Instagram and passed one of Bey's posts. God she looked so good.

Liked by  Jheneaiko and 953 others Beyonce H-Town baby🤟🏾Comments turned off

Liked by Jheneaiko and 953 others
Beyonce H-Town baby🤟🏾
Comments turned off.

God she looked so damn good. I contemplated liking the picture but than I thought about it and decided against my better judgement. That would have been toxic of me. Lord knows this therapy was working wonders for me. I heard Adeya whine and my attention turned to her.
"Awe what's wrong with mommy's baby?" I cooed as I picked her up and held her to my chest. She stopped fussing as soon as she was in my arms and laid her face against mine. I smiled.
"Your so sweet. You lovin' on mommy, huh bear," I mumbled as I kissed her fat little cheeks & carried her up to the room with my pasta. We made it to the room and I turned on her show and laid next to her, finishing my food. I sat my bowl on the table and grabbed my phone to call my aunt.
"Hello?" She answered, tiredly.
"Hey, are you busy?" I asked as I wiped Adeya's mouth.
"No, what's going on baby? Are you okay?" She asked, propping up her phone.
"Yeah, Dey & I wanted to make sure we were still on for lunch tomorrow?" I said as she smiled.
"Of course. Let me see that cutie," I faced the camera to Dey and they both got so excited.
"Oooh look at that pretty baby. You lookin just like your mama," she said making me laughed.
"Alight auntie, I'll call you in the morning, I'm gonna put miss ma'am over here down for her nap,"
"Alright baby. Love y'all, see you tomorrow," we hung up & I put Dey down for a nap, before taking one myself.

Excuse all errors
A'jah 💋