27 ~ The Weapon

Alessio

"Good Afternoon."

"Good Afternoon," she responded. Her name tag was Margo. "Welcome to Homewood Suites, how may I help you?" She had a hospitable smile on her full lips.

"Uhh...Do you have a Mark Davis in your residence perhaps?"

"Mm..." She referred from her computer and shortly after confirmed the aforementioned's data on it. "Umm...yes. But Mr. Davis just came in and he isn't seeing anyone right now. Care to leave a message?"

My disappointment wasn't equivalent to my determination. The determination to meet Mark was higher.

"I'm well aware of his request, but please," I reached for her right hand on the computer mouse and held it in mine, squeezing it softly. I stared pitifully into her eyes. My persuasion was working. "It's been so long since I saw this friend of mine. It's been years actually and I just wanted to surprise him. I'm sure you know how that feels when you've been away from someone you care about so much for that long. Tell him it's his good friend Alessio. Tell him I have a nice gift for him, too. Please?"

She smiled, and as she phoned Mark's room, I silently prayed that Mark would agree to see me. I had enough bullets specially made for that pea sized brain of his. The gun's barrel was securely tucked in my briefs since it's waistband was tight enough to hold it in place. The grip of the gun stuck out from my sweatpants and was covered by my t-shirt. It was hard to notice I was carrying a gun around because I looked and behaved very normal.

"Suite number 16, third floor."

"Thank you...Margo," I smiled, winked at her and made my way to the elevator.

The building was modern with an expensive and trendy appearance to it. It must have cost millions to rent one suite. And judging by the satisfied expressions of the people that were with me in the elevator, the place had warm service. I bet a president of a certain nation was currently located there.

When the elevator dinged open and I stepped out, I spotted Suite 16 immediately.

As I rang the bell, I imagined pulling out the gun at him.

As he opened the door, I imagined pointing the gun at him.

And when I saw his teeth in a grin, I very well shot out his brains.

"Did you miss me?" Apart from his dark hair which was much paler now, he hadn't changed one bit. Same height. Same annoying vibe. Still good looking.

I entered and closed the door as he moved to his sectional u-shaped sofa to sit. On the glass table in front of him sat a wine glass and a rich bottle containing dark liquid.

"This is the finest Merlot wine in America, Alessio. Join me." He poured to drink.

His suite was relaxed, and luxurious was a plain lie if used to describe the place. But I didn't have the time to admire the wealth he could command.

"I didn't come here for a tea party, Mark."

He had only taken a sip when he paused to look at me.

"Oh. I see." He stood up with the wine in his hand and took a few steps towards me. Meanwhile, I hadn't moved from the door since I entered.

"Did you finally come to return all that you stole from me?"

Any moment now.

"Or you came here to beg me not to file a report against you." He gulped down more wine down his throat and belched when the glass was empty. "I would never, ever, do that to a brother. I really missed you...and Carl. Come here."