Alternate Ending

This here is an alternate ending of Izuku's Tangles. While I was writing and planning the original ending, I thought having an open-ended ending would be interesting for something that felt like it was going to end nicely.  This alternate ending is the opposite of that and it leads to a good ending. In other words: what if Hitoshi woke up before Izuku left? It also answers many of the unknown questions that came up in the original ending. Nonetheless, have fun reading! 

"Izuku glared at Hitoshi, removing the limbs from his chest. Untangling his legs, the butterfly feeling throbbed, trying to get him back under the covers. As though, Hitoshi was calling for him in his sleep. Hitoshi began to move, Izuku stiled, watching from where he sat, twisting to his side."

"Izuku," Hitoshi yawned, rubbing his eyes, his other hand trying to locate Izuku's body. "Where did you go?"

"Toshi!" He yelled, his hand unconsciously going to his hair for comfort. "You're supposed to be sleeping!" He hissed, clenching his hands tightly in frustration. "I'm not," Hitoshi huffed, sitting up and pressing his head against the headboard. "What are you doing?"

"I'm—I'm um, I uh," he felt the first tear, then the second, a puddle burst out of his eyes. "I'm sorry! I don't know what I'm doing, nor do I know what to do; I'm so mad at you, but I really really like you; I don't know!" He sobbed, hiccupping with every breath.

Hitoshi clicked his tongue, shaking his head, "shh, it's okay," he held out a hand, but pulled it back. Except, before he could, Izuku gripped it and held it close to his chest. "Awe, Izu," he crawled over to the boy and wrapped his arms around his hips. He pulled Izuku onto his lap, who sobbed into his neck, shaking his head in frustration.

"What did you fucking do?" Katsuki's voice echoed across the room. He shot from the blow-up bed and sat himself beside Hitoshi. He glared hotly at him, his eyes furrowed. "What the fuck Toshi?"

"I didn't do anything," he hissed, sending back a glare. "I woke up to Izuku getting out of bed, then he started crying."

Katsuki asked, "Izu, what happened?" He pressed a hand to his cheek and caressed him. Izuku gasped out, taking a watery breath. "Take your time."

He sobbed through his explanation, taking seconds to rub his eyes. Although, it wasn't what they were thinking. Izuku only said one sentence. "I uh had a dream-and-ju-just now, and I now need to go save my dad."

Katsuki gripped his hand gently. "It's just a dream, Zu; your dad doesn't need to be saved."

"But the dream—it was—gosh—so so real!" He protested. He pushed Hitoshi's arm and Katsuki's hand away. "You won't ever understand."

"I—" Katsuki's voice was silenced by Hitoshi's outstretched hand. "I remembered you had a dream a bit ago, and you didn't say what it was about; does that by any chance have something to do with the dream you just had?"

Izuku took a deep breath, gasping out a sob. He buried his face in his hands. "Was your dad in it?" He pressed.

He gave them a slim nod.

Hitoshi gave Katsuki a paranoid look. "Um, can you tell us what it's about?"

Izuku wrapped his arms around his abdomen. We're not angry at all; we're just concerned about you and happy that we managed to stop you before you left." Katsuki responded, tapping his shoulder. Hitoshi felt a throbbing pain in the back of his eyes.

Izuku sighed deeply, closing his eyes as the words flowed out.

"That fucker," Katsuki cursed, clenching his fist. "That had to be no coincidence; no way could it be just in Izu's mind."