1 - The Silence.

We stand there in silence. Half way through I start crying. He continues to hover over me, doing nothing.

"We should probably decline the engagement," Jes says, finally braking the silence, besides my crying. I nod slightly.

He takes my hand and slips the ring off putting it in his pocket. I'm happy that it's gone, but it was like a comfort item to me. Now it's gone.

"Time to go home," he continued. I agree. He opens the door for me and I step in. He gets on the other side.

The car ride is silent too. We get back to his house, and we both get out, still silent. This is really starting to bug me.

We walk up the stairs and he breaks the silence again. Even though I wanted it to end, I was too afraid to break it.

"I'm guessing we are sleeping separately," Jim asks.

"Yeah. That's fine." I was a little disappointed as much as I hated him the time we were apart, I missed his warm embrace.  "Unless you want to sleep together?" He trying to keep his distance. Trying to let me ajust again. I understand.

"Only if you want to." I shrug and head to my bedroom. I grab a nightgown that is see through. I'm really tired and it is the first thing I saw.

I get dressed, setting the dress down carful my in my bed. I walk over to his room and I can hear him in the bathroom taking a shower. I don't think he knows I'm here.

I get into his bed and snuggle into it. His bed was always the coziest. I could always tell a different between his bed and others.

I'm almost half asleep by the time he is done with his shower. He comes out with an astonished look on his face, as if I'm a stranger.

He continues getting ready for bed in his walk in closet so I couldn't see him. He came back out, only in his pajama pants of course. He gets into bed and we don't make any contact. I'm done with this.

"My bark is much worse then my bite," I have yell whisper.

"My bark and my bite are equally bad," he answers.

"What if I still want your bark and your bite."

"I wouldn't be complaining." He still had an emotionless expression on, but so do I.

He hesitantly puts his hands on my waist. I put my hands on hands he.

He pulls me closer to him. He is barely toching me, but still closer. I close the gap between us. He gives me a look that says go all the way. I'm not going to bite of bark either. We both close the gap and he is right up against me. The warmth is so inviting.

A slight moan comes out of mouth. He chuckles and let's go of my waist for a second to take off his pants, leaving his underware. He grabs back onto my waist, putting his arm around my stomach completely. We both drift to sleep, still 'afraid' of each other. This made me feel better. I was sad I didn't have the ring, but I had James to comfort me again.