Daffodils||Hunter x reader

This wasn't really set in a specific time or place, however Hunter is more season 2 instead of season 3

He might be a little ooc, just an fyi

Warning (s): Reader has hanahaki disease, it's kinda angsty, Hunter being the Golden Guard isn't mentioned, I wrote this on a whim so it's probably not that good sorry lol, reader has a dad, ughhhhh I don't think there's anything else :p

_--_--_--_--_--_--__--_--_--_--_--_--__--_--_--_--_--_--_

You forced yourself out of bed at the feeling of your throat tightening up again. You didn't have the power to make it to the toilet as you proceeded to spew out a mix of daffodils and blood. Soon weakness took over your body once more as you collapsed onto your side, choking on your tears. All you could do was lay there and stare at the mess you made on the hard floor.

_--_--_--_--_--_--__--_--_--_--_--_--__--_--_--_--_--_--_

As the morning brightened you were awoken by the heavy creek of your door. Sunlight filtered in through your windows, quite litterlay blinding you. "Oh (N/n)..." you hear a soft voice speak. With all your might you rolled over, seeing you father walking nearer to you.

He doubtfully helped you up placing you back on your bed. He sat next to you, placing a hand on your cheek. "I'm so sorry you've been cursed with this, my poor child" he soon pressed a kiss to your fourhead before getting up to get the tools to clean up your mess from earlier that morning.

You just blanked off into space, wondering why you had to inherit the family "blessing". All of this was happening because of that boy. That stupid idiotic boy.....that you just couldn't help falling inlove with. As stupid and brash as he was you couldn't be mad at him, he was wonderful, how could you not learn to care for him.

When you had started showing signs of Hanahaki disease your father immediately begged you to tell him who it was. Who you were inlove with. Who was putting you through this. He just wanted to help, but telling him would actually be admitting that you liked- no loved Hunter. So you just turned away from any and all questions. Months later, nothing has changed or improved. Your still heads over heals for the blondey and still won't tell your father.

Your father works for Bello's, he's one of his most trusted guards, that's how you knew Hunter. That's how you both grew a bond together.

Since your condition worsened and you were unable to go to school and the emperor's palace, Hunter would occasionally come to your house and check up on you. Honestly that pained you more than the growing vines and flowers and thorns in your throat and chest. Your body ached at even the thought of seeing his face.

Hunter had read several books and spent countless nights researching, but he still couldn't find anything that matched your illness. The sight of seeing you spew up a mix of blood and flowers was more than concerning to him. He had begged your dad to tell him what was going on with you, but he wouldn't say anything. You didn't want Hunter to know.

And as that moment progressies you hear a knock on your door. Giving a small glance to your floor and then clock you see that it's been almost two hours sense you woke up. 'Titans! Why does time go so fast' you think before letting a quiet "Come in" out. Your voice sounded so raw and dry, it pained you to speak.

Your door once more creaked open to reveal Hunter with his bag satchel thing and a glass of water. "Your dad wanted me to give you your medicine, he's stepping out for a while to go to the market" you hum in acknowledgement. "Thank you" you say, the blonde boy tries to meet your gaze but you look away too fast.

You slowly take a sip of water before letting the pills slide down your throat. "Titans" you curse out, hunter immediately goes and places a hand on your shoulder, starring at you in concern. You look into his eyes for a moment, flashing him a 'I'm okay'. He nods in approval while going to take something out of his bag. "So-" he starts, looking over at you as he pulls out a hefty book titled 'Rare and magical illnesses'.

You don't react, keeping your gaze on the glass of water. Hunter clears his throat slightly before continuing; "So, I was doing research again and um......I found what you might have" he stops, looking over at you for approval to continue. But when you don't respond he continues. "There's this really, really, rare illness called Hanahaki Disease. It's a disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals, because they are suffering from a one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings, or when the person with the illness dies." As he speaks his voice shows more and more concern.

You look up at him, and nod slightly. He stares at you in bewilderment before bursting out- "THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE!! I- I" he stops for a moment. "You HAVE to tell this person you like that you like them! Like Now!! PLEASE!" He's so frantic....over you. Over the fact you can die any second. Over the fact that you've been coughing up petals for months now and you haven't done anything about it. You, you made him so concerned. You snap out of this self depreciation when you see the blonde boy kneel before you, he places a hand on your cheek so he can meet your eyes. The feeling of his hand burns you like hellfire.

"Please (Y/n), you have to confess to this person! You can't just die, please".......his voice trails off as your mind goes blank. How are you supposed to tell him the person that has made you like this is him? How are you supposed to confess to your best friend that you love him?! That you've loved him for years now!!? You can't. You just can't do it.

"I, can't" you say between breaths, cutting the boy off. He stares up at you, pain in his eyes, "Please (Y/n), please! I.....I love y-you....I don't want you to die" you stare at him in utter shock. "What" the boy looks at you with big teary eyes. "I love you" he says, resting his head on your lap.

Now it's your turn to lift his head up. You smile at him, "I...I lo-" you get cut of by the door opening harshly, your father stepping into the room.....

_--_--_--_--_--_--__--_--_--_--_--_--__--_--_--_--_--_--_

Hate to do this to ya, but there's gonna be a part two. Cause I haven't posted on here for ages and want y'all to suffer >:)

Anyways, hope y'all are having wonderful days, nights, or lunches! I'm personally not, I'm sick af. Luckily I have my cats though💪😎

Love, your mom's gf

-January 29th, 2023
1,190 words est.