Nightmares || Gus x reader

• This is kinda like the lumity x reader cuddles oneshot I made a few pages up

• Um, I personally think Gus is a little ooc- but hopefully it's still good ^^

• More Gus for you q1x3l_l0z3r :)

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

You instantly shot up in bed, looking around frantically. The thought of that thing chasing you still haunting you. However as you looked around, afraid the creature could be in your room, you found that you weren't in your room. That's when you remembered gus had invited you to stay over at his house. He had noticed you coming to school with little to no energy, and being the wonderful boyfriend he is he decided that he would help you get some well deserved beauty rest.

But that was way harder than it looked. You had always had trouble sleeping, having Nightmares and sleep paralysis back to back everytime you tried to rest, and when stressful situations acure- yep you guessed it, you get no sleep at all. So, waking up like this wasn't unusual for you, well except for being in Gus's room of course. He had had to beg his dad to let you come over. It made you feel awful that Gus's dad didn't really like you, but it did make you feel a little better that Gus was willing to do all the chores for a whole month just to let you come over so he could help ease your mind at night.

Speaking of Gus and easing your mind- Gus sat up next to you. His face flashed a worried look before turning into a calm comforting one. He rubbed your back softly while telling you to "breathe in for four, and breathe out for five". Your heart beat soon slowed its fast beating enough for you to lean onto Gus shoulder. The boy kissed the top of your head and pit his arms around you to make sure warmth filled your body.

He had already done this two times tonight. The first time you had woken up around thirty minutes after you and Gus had initially decided to rest for the night. The dream of being burned by the boiling sea as you were pushed off a boat into it, to much to handle. The second time was almost two hours ago. It was three hours after the first 'dream', you had been in a bakery, but instead of baking cute pastries for people to enjoy, you would use the bad customers body's to feed your next guests. With icing, sugar, and just all around sweetness on it of course!

However this last one was diffrent. Because it had actually happend. Your mind playing a wicked game on you and making you think that thing was after you again was more than awful or tortures. It was hell.

"Would you like to talk about it?" Your boyfriend asked. You shook your no before adjusting yourself on his bed. Despite the comfort and cuteness of it, the guy did have ALOT of stuffed animals- so it was a little hard to work yourself around his and yours limbs. Gus humed in acknowledgement at your answer, laying down beside you again. He reached his hand to grab yours. It was quite sweaty, but he didn't mind. He held it up to his mouth and gave your knuckles a kiss.

His eyes met your again and your heart felt like melting. He was just so sweet, so kind. You loved him more than anyone could even begin to imagine. "It's okay" he paused, cuddling up to you. "I'll stay awake as long as you are, and even after. I'll stay with you through everything" he ended his sentence with a smile.

-

You eventually went to sleep again, and this time, you didn't have another bad dream. I guess you could say Agustus was like a nightlight. He shown in the dark, but more importantly- through your darkness. Especially when you needed it

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Like said earlier, I hope it's good. I'm trying to write more and get the requests I have out, I am. I just feel 'bleh' everytime I start to work on them. One day, I will eventually buckle down and finish it all or most of it-

But for now, have a good day or night!! I'm gonna try and find stuff to eat :)

-Doe, Feb. 17th, 2022