ch. 17 'happy birthday'

So I'm having minor writer's block...and it sucks, but I'm determined to write a new chapter for you guy's.

Song of the day: Now - Paramore

vote comment follow and all that good shit!!

<3 Stephi

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**

    It's been a week since we went on that run and we were told the information that someone was closer then we thought. I was literally paranoid, everytime I caught someone staring at me I freaked. It was mildly pathetic, I know, but I had to stay on my toes. Jay on the otherhand, found my paranoia amusing. I wanted to beat his ass so bad. 

I was thankful school was over for the week. Not because of the stares or the fact that I could hang with Jay, but because it was my 19th birthday this weekend. Part of me was depressed becuase I always spent my birthday's with Ash, but we still haven't really talked this that double date disaster. It's a shame really, she is my bestie and I wanted to have the best year ever with her, but I guess things change and everything happens for a reason. Hopefully we will be okay after some time apart.

Jay planned on taking me out for my birthday to a nice restaurant with was a surprise coming from him. It wasn't his scene, but it was a very sweet gesture. The boy's also got wind of the fact that I was turning 19 and decided that we were going out to the club to celebrate. I was hesitant because the last time I was at a club I had a gun to my head, but I was naive and oblivious to the world around me at that point. Let them try shit with me now, I was prepared and they would regret ever messing with me.

I was still laying in bed because it was Saturday and my birthday and I was taking advantage of being able to sleep in. I knew my mother was about to burst into my room like she always does on my birthday. All I know is she better have a cupcake in her hand, preferably red velvet. My favorite. Right on cue the door opened.

"Happy Birthday to you..!" She began to sing. I laughed and covered my ear's. She can't sing for the life of her and I've told her that to many times to count. "Thank's mom." I looked in her hands and seen my cupcake, I smiled. I loved my mom. I took it and licked some frosting off. "Oh I can't believe my baby is 19. It was just yesterday I was bringing you home from the hospital." She started to cry. "Mom you do this every year. You knew this day was coming, just like the last 18 years." She wiped her eyes.

"I know, but I can't help it." She stilled brightly, "I got you something." She ran out of the room and came back in with a small gift bag. She handed it to me and I dug my hand in to retrieve whatever was in the bag. I pulled out a black box. I was confused, but opened it anyway. It was a silver charm Pandora bracelet.

"Mom this is beautiful. Thank you so much!" I got up and hugged her. It was gorgeous and had multiple charms on it. Heart, star, even a frog. She knew I loved Kermit the Frog. I laughed when I seen that charm. I asked her to help me put it on and she did. "Are you sure you like it? I didn't know what else to get you, your very hard to shop for now a days." I laughed. "Yes mom I absolutely love it."

"Alright now get your lazy butt out of bed and take a shower. We have a lunch date with someone." She smiled and I frowned. "With who?" I asked and she shrugged. "You won't know until we get there. Now go get ready." Sighing I got up and did as she requested. 

-----

I got in the car with my mother making sure to text Jay just to let him know what was going on to make sure he didn't come over. He seemed fine with it. I wore dark skinny jeans with knee high boots and a nice teal off the shoulder top. My mother never said I had to dress up so this is the best it was going to get. "You look nice sweetheart." she commented. "You do too mom, are you trying to impress anyone?" She almost chocked when I said that and I just raised my eyebrow at her. Well that's strange. "I'll take that as a yes." I said and she just shook her head. "N-No of course not Sadi, what gave you that idea?" I just laughed and didn't bother to respond. It was like she was hiding something from me. Whatever. Story of my life apparently.