Ten

Paul was unsure of what he could do anymore. Everything seemed to have changed now, and it meant that he was sort of useless in the working world. Unable to do his own Nativity, he thought it would be a good idea to go and see Gordon Shakespeare's production 'Herod'.

There was very little to say other than it was disturbing. Of course, there was far too much child mortality for it to be acceptable.

It had come to light that Paul and Robin had very different views on coping with upset. Whilst he distracted himself, Robin had found herself crying into a tub of ice cream. It wasn't a flattering look at all, but it did make both her and Matt happier to share the Ben and Jerry's Phish Food.

What happened next, however, was unexpected. Well, if Robin had been expecting it she would have been in smarter clothes rather than an old worn dressing gown.

Jamie came in through the front door and straight into their lounge. There was a nervous smile upon his face, keeping the white frame closed, his hands making sure no one could see through.

"Hey, Mum?" Jamie caught her attention. Robin looked up, wiping her eyes in the process.

"Yeah, what's up, darling?"

"I, uh..." he opened the door and pulled in another boy.

He had bleached blonde hair, and towered far above Jamie. He was skinny too, like a stick about to break. There was a calming air that transpired between the two boys, and Robin could feel exactly what was going on.

She smiled to herself.

"Mum... this is... Josh." Jamie introduced the lanky boy, who waved, awkwardly.

"Hi."

"Hello." Robin offered a kind smile.

"He's uh..." Jamie fiddled with his fingers, not knowing how to continue. "He's my... uh... boyfriend."

Matt stayed with the ice cream, sat on the sofa, but Robin stood. She hugged Josh, despite barely knowing him. It felt like the right thing to do.

When she pulled away she was pulled into Jamie's arms, causing her to grin wider than before.

"Thank you." He whispered, and suddenly, everything felt better.

❄️ 🎄 ❄️

As the music teacher of St Bernadette's Primary School, Robin was also in charge of teaching and coordinating the music lessons for the children who wanted them. Though she did not know every instrument, she knew enough to offer a wide range for the students. She enjoyed helping them learn, too. They just seemed to smile wider when they were doing what they loved.

She enjoyed working with William. He tried as hard as he could, which was good to see. It was just a shame that he wouldn't be able to showcase his progress in the Nativity as Joseph.

By the time the lesson was over, Robin was feeling much better about the day. Though, of course, she was still upset over Paul's impending departure.

Then the door to the music room opened, Robin's head snapped towards it. There stood Paul, barely poking his head into the room. He wasn't staying.

"What's up?" She asked, eyes wide.

"We're doing the play." He announced, pulling her along. "Come on."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

❄️ 🎄 ❄️

With the news of the Nativity being back on, the teachers had much to do undercover. There were cancelled signs plastered all over Coventry, and it was their mission to remove all of them.

Paul, Robin, Jamie and Mr Poppy all did their best to get everything reorganised. The main problem was doing it without Mrs Bevan's knowledge, but they could do it.

They knew they could.

• - - •
662
• - - •

Disclaimer!!!
I do not own Nativity. I do not own the cast or the characters. The only things I own are my changes to the storyline and my original characters: Robin and Jamie Harper. I do not own the character of Matt either, just the change that he is related to my original characters. Please do not copy my work. Any similarities to real life are purely coincidence.