9. Naboo

I wake up in an unfamiliar room. My eyes red, puffy and sore from the night. I remember my attack and then I remember where I ended up. I see part of the bed next to me is all ruffled with the blanket pulled back, the pillow still having an imprint on it from someone's head. And then I remember whose room I'm in. A toilet flushes and in walks from the bathroom, Obi-Wan Kenobi. I look at him with some unease. Did we? We didn't? I didn't sleep with Obi-Wan, did I? Obi-Wan could read my facial expressions.

"Don't worry, we didn't do anything last night." Obi-Wan reassures me. 

"Where did you sleep then?" I ask him. Feeling a little confused. Obi-Wan points to the empty space next me on the bed. My eyes widen. 

"I wasn't going to sleep on the floor, besides you fell asleep pretty quickly once you calmed down. You were still in my arms when you fell asleep, so I didn't want to disturb you. I lay down with you."

"I'm sorry" I apologise to Obi-Wan. He laughs and walks over to me, sitting on the bed. 

"There is no need to apologise. You were really shaken up last night. I'm glad I could be of help." Obi-Wan says. I think back to my nightmare and I start to feel scared once again. Obi-Wan notices my change in mood and places hand on my arm. 

"It was just a nightmare, Addy. I am not going to die, I am not going to get hurt. I am and I will be fine." I look up to Obi-Wan in surprise. What did he just call me? 

"What did you just call me?" I ask Obi-Wan, a smile starting to grow on my face. 

"I-uh...I" Obi-Wan stutters. 

"Obi, it's fine, I actually quite like that nickname." As I say this to Obi-Wan I realise I gave him a nickname too. 

"Me too" He says. We both share a laugh with each other. I shuffle down right next to Obi-Wan and put my head on his shoulder. Obi-Wan wraps his arm around me. 

"Obi?"

"Yes?" Obi-Wan ask, resting his chin on my head. 

"I'm scared to go back to Naboo. The dream felt so real. Just promise me you'll be ok, that you won't die." I say, with a little worry in my voice. His fingers stroke my arm and he plants a light kiss on my head. I start getting butterflies and I feel all fuzzy inside. 

"I'm not going to die Addy, I promise." 

"Ok." I simply say, enjoying the company in Obi-Wan's arm. 

After a while, I get myself ready to leave Obi-Wan's apartment. I walk over to Obi-Wan who is also finishing getting ready. I go in for a hug wrapping my arms around me, which Obi-Wan wraps his arms around my waist. We don't say anything to each other, we simply take in this moment together before we separate once again. Before we head back to Naboo where our time in each other's presence becomes limited. I break from the hug and head to his door. I give him a smile before leaving, heading to Padmé's room. 

"Are you ready Padmé?" I ask her, knocking on her door. She opens up, dressed in her royal clothes. "You're acting up as Queen?" I ask her.

"The meeting with Senator Palpatine is important. I have to call a vote of no confidence. It must be the real me to do this. Then I shall return here to quickly put my disguise on before we head onto the ship back to Naboo."

"We're heading back to Naboo so early?" I ask her with confusion. 

"As much as I am calling for a vote of no confidence to allow Senator Paplatine to become Chancellor, I think it is too late to wait for him to become Chancellor. I have spoke with Master Qui-Gon and we shall be flying to Naboo to defeat the Trade Federation's army within the palace. Once we have secured the palace, it will give us enough time for Palpatine to get rid of the enemy within Naboo."