6. The Boy

I head over to Padmé and Anakin who are currently talking to each other in the lounge. 

"Hey guys" I say as I sit down with them, "What's the topic of the conversation?" I ask

"I was just telling Ani how amazing we was in that Podrace. It was just amazing to watch. Very unnerving, but Ani won and it was just simply amazing!" Padmé tells me. She has such a huge smile on her face. It is lovely to see her make a good fried with Anakin. We both don't have many friends besides the maids and the army I captain. Our lives are just full with training and running a country that we don't have much time to do anything else besides our job. But seeing Padmé smile so much and laugh so hard makes me think of Obi-Wan. I wonder it would be like having a friend like Obi-Wan, having someone to talk about personal things that I may not want to share with my sister; having someone to laugh with when my sister is busy doing Queen stuff. But with Obi-Wan's position as a Jedi makes that impossible. Friends means attachments, attachments leads to the Dark Side- like I said it would be impossible. 

"So Anakin, how do you feel about potentially becoming a Jedi?" I ask him, losing all thought I had about my impossible friendship with Obi-Wan. 

"I think it's very cool!" I says excitedly. But then his expression changes and starts feeling sad. "I'm going to miss my mother so much. I wanted her to come with me but Watto didn't let us. She is going to be all alone." Me and Padmé look at each. We both think about our parents and how much we miss them so much. Padmé puts an arm around Anakin. 

"It will be alright Ani. Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and all the other Jedi's will look after you. I will look after you every time we see each other. Your mother will miss you so much too, but she will be happy that you are doing great things and becoming a Jedi. She knows that you will be living a better life than the one you were living right now. And for that she is happy." Padmé says, comforting the boy. "You'll see her again, one day" She adds. 

Deep down I know this isn't true. I remember the conversation with Obi-Wan who has never met his parents because he was taken to become a Jedi at such a young age. I see where Obi-Wan was getting to. The Jedi Council probably won't let him become a Jedi, because he already has such a great attachment to his Mother. Of course, I won't share this information with the boy because it will make him worry more and become more sad. He is still a child, only 9 years old. He has a lot to deal with when we arrive in Coruscant. But I am glad he has people like Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan. 

Padmé turns round to face me. 

"I'm going to speak with the Queen, see what her next moves are when we head to Coruscant. I've got to make sure I am all prepared for her needs when we arrive." She said to me. Padmé is amazing at pretend, nobody has a clue that she is the real Queen. What she will actually do is speak to the 'Queen' about what she needs of the decoy when we arrive in Coruscant. I give her a nod and a wink, so that Padmé knows that I know what she means to do. This means that I have to make sure she is not disturbed, otherwise her cover could be known by the Jedi and Padmé isn't ready to expose herself yet. Padmé gets up off her seat and starts to leave. 

'Adelita, look after Ani for me." She commands. I stick my tongue out at her and Anakin watches, laughing at me. 

"Of course I will look after him Paddy, no need to be so commanding" I laugh. Padmé just laughs back and heads out of the lounge. I turn to face the little boy who looks like he wants to ask me a question. 

"Is everything alright Anakin?" I ask the little boy. 

Anakin leans over to my ear, putting a hand next to his mouth so nobody can see or hear what he is about to ask me. 

"Is Paddy the real Queen?" He asks. I look at him in utter shock. How did he know? Not even Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan have figured it out and they have been Jedi much longer than Anakin has. "I knew she was the Queen the moment I saw her, I could sense it." He adds. I try not to look so shocked in case someone saw me and questioned our conversation. 

I look at Anakin with a cheeky grin and lean towards his ear. "Don't tell anyone about it Anakin, it is top secret. Can I count on you to keep this a secret?"

Anakin looks at me with a twinkle in his eye, full of excitement. He nods his head in a quick motion as if this was the most exciting thing he has ever done. 

"How long before we arrive in Coruscant?" The little boy asks after we have laugh together. 

"Still a good few hours to go Anakin. Perhaps you should rest your head for a little while, you're had a very busy day." I exclaim to him. 

"But I can't sleep, not without my mommy telling me a bedtime story" He says, sadness filling his eyes once again. I give him a warming smile.

"Rest your head on my lap" I say as I put a pillow on my legs, "and I'll tell you a story my mother used to tell me when I was younger" 

The boy wipes his tired eyes and lets out a huge yawn. He places his head on the pillow that rests on my lap. I begin telling him the bedtime story whilst stroking the blonde messy hair on his head. It doesn't take him very long for him to close his eyes and drift off into a deep sleep. He looks so peaceful as he sleeps. With Anakin resting in front of me, it makes me feel very tired. All the waiting and panicked throughout the day has me exhausted. I put my head back on the sofa and rest my eyes, hoping to get a few moments of sleep before we arrive on Coruscant. 

I feel a presence staring at me. I don't even bother opening my eyes because the tiredness has simply took over my body. 

"Stop staring and leave me to sleep." I say without even seeing who was disturbing my sleep. 

"We have arrived in Coruscant Captain, I'm sure you would like to know. The Queen has been told and she is gathering her things. I presume you want to walk with the Queen as she makes her way towards the Jedi Temple." I heard Qui-Gon's voice. I slowly open my eyes to see Anakin still sound asleep. I feel so guilty having to wake the innocent little boy who is sleeping on my lap. I look up and see both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan standing beside me. Obi-Wan looks at me and then Anakin and then back to me, giving me a little hidden smile so that Qui-Gon doesn't see. Qui-Gon looks like he is thinking. Of what I am not so sure, but he has a serious expression on his face, one of questioning thought. 

I give Anakin a light shake. 

"Anakin, it's time to wake up. We're hear" I whisper to him so that I don't startle him. He opens his eyes and looks around the ship. He sees the bustling of a city outside the window and jumps up from his sleeping position. I laugh as I watch him being so excited. I stand up as well and bow my head to the two Jedi before leaving to go towards the 'Queen's' room to escort her to the Jedi Temple. I sense Obi-Wan's eyes following me as I leave the room. I feel a little nervous, but I try to block any feelings I may have about Obi-Wan. My job continues, and that is what I have to focus on. 

CaptainOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara