Chapter 11 (Edited)

Wolfe's POV

Once we were in the safety of our heavily guarded home, I nearly flung myself from the driver's seat and around to the passenger side of the door. I ripped the door open and pulled Nova into my arms, I could feel my body trembling and for once I was terrified as to what had truly happened.

"Are you hurt at all?" I was looking him over, eyes trying to find anything that would make me go into a greater rage than I already was. He shook his head before pushing me away to stand, his eyes were hollow and I knew something was wrong. "Don't lie to me please."

"Are you even going to look for him?" Nova's voice was full of venom.

"Of course, I am." I looked down at him shocked. "Why wouldn't I?"

"Because you have yet to realize how much that man suffered because of you." His eyes were like a blazing inferno. "He's jealous of me! He hates how I get your affection while he sits back and loses a part of himself when he doesn't feel like he fits with us. He told me so much of having feelings for you and how you haven't shown him a damn thing of loving him back. So I ask again, are you really going to look for him? Or are you going to look for him just because he's my soulmate and not because you love him?"

"Fuck, Nova." I growled, running a hand through my hair. "Don't take your anger out on me, I know I've fucked up with him but don't tell me I don't love him because I sure as hell do."

"Funny way of showing it." Nova growled back at me.

I crowded him, his body stepping back against the car. "I fucking love him and I'm finding him for both of us and not just you, do you understand me, little vixen." My voice was a deadly calm and I could see the slight fear that registered in his eyes before it followed a darker, more enticing look. I couldn't help the smirk that found my lips. "Don't look at me like that, I need to go find him and not take you to bed."

"You'll take us both there when you find him." Nova threatened me.

"Wouldn't dream about it any other way. I want to see his face when I fuck you and I want him face first into the bed begging me to go harder." I growled before pushing away from him and running another hand through my hair. "Fuck, Sawyer what's the mall security saying?"

"You should be receiving an email any minute." Sawyer spoke as he hung up the phone and climbed out of the car. "I gave them your email address and they were sending the footage just as I was getting off with them."

I nodded, grabbing Nova's hand and pulling him inside the house. "Can you stay here with Nova?"

"Sure." He said just as Nova protested. "Like hell I'm staying here while you go find him! I'm going to be right there beside you when you bring him home."

"No," I told him, eyes dark. "You being there will be a liability. What happens if I track him down and we go get him back? You can't stay put outside the building without any protection and even if I gave you protection that's leaving me a few men down. I can't let you come in with me because then I'll be worried about you getting in the line of fire."

"I don't care what you do, you can keep me a few blocks away for all I care and I can come in after you've taken care of everyone but I will be there with you when you find him!"

"You realize taking care of everyone means killing them, right?" I asked. "And with Cayde being my soulmate I'm not letting them die kindly either. I'm going to be as messy as fucking possible, no one touches what's mine."

Nova grinned up at me. "Good, but I'm still coming with you."

Cayde's POV

My busted lip had long been dried five times over and with each breath I took, I felt the sharp pain of at least three broken ribs, maybe four. I couldn't place how long I had been here, but I knew the sun was beginning to set. How long has it been since they took me? How long ago was my last beating? Was Wolfe looking for me or any closer to finding me? And had my taunting given him enough time to find me?