The Great Mage's POV

"What's the matter here?" I asked to Lao and Liu when I received their emergency call.

"Nothing," Lao said.

I glared at them. "Seriously, Auriel and I are having a bonding and then both of you suddenly interrupted us, saying that it is an emergency!"

Lao smirked. "That's the problem, dad."

I face palm. How did this guy became my son? He's literally in his late 40s and still act as an teenager?!

"The problem is... Auriel's soul," Liu said.

The three of us suddenly became quiet and the atmosphere became heavy.

"I know it," I said.

My expression became sad when I remembered her soul was shattered. It wasn't empty but it's broken. Though, I can still clearly see the strong mana flowing inside of her that's been also running through our bloods but it can't help bring back the lost pieces of her soul.

"How did she have that kind of soul in her body?" Liu asked.

"There's only one reason... she came back from the future," I murmured.

"But how?!" both shouted.

"For now, we still don't know and it seems like she doesn't know too how did she turned back the time," I explained.

"Base on the kind of the soul she has... do you think something happened to her?" Lao asked.

"She was tormented, hurted, and alone. That's the atmosphere I can sense and seeing how happy she was earlier, I confirmed it."

"If she came back from the future, that means she's changing her fate?" Liu asked.

I looked at him. "Maybe."

"Just..." Lao started to cry. "I just wanted to ask her... where are we when she's suffering alone? Why we're not on her side?"

"She probably doesn't know that we existed," I said.

Liu nodded. "The country where she was born despise us. So, yeah, father is right."

"Because their ruler is so dumb! How could he easily got manipulated?! Hays... and how could Lei marry that kind of boy?! I can imagine how she's suffering right now but I can't help either," Lao shouted.

"Watch your words. He's still the father of Auriel," I said.

"Did he once acted as a father to her?" both Liu and Lao asked.

My mouth was shout. They're both right.

The rumor of the two princess from their kingdom reached even the neighboring kingdom like us.

We know that Auriel is one of the princess but we can't go and defend her side because we're prohibited on going there. That's why we're really worried.

"Seeing how she was easily delighted by the small things we gave to her, it seems the rumor is true," Liu said.

"What rumor?" I asked.

"That their king is more favor to the second princess, that's literally half blood of royalty," he explained.

Lao's eyes widen. "Then, that means they're planning to kill Auriel, because we all know what kind of tradition they're living and believing until now?!"

"They shouldn't dare! Because once they touch even just the tip of Auriel's hair, I will break their barrier that's literally so weak and I'll kill everyone," I threatened.

"I'm on your side, father," Lao said.

"I know violence can't solve anything but I will be on your side. We must protect her this time," Liu said.