✧ ₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ ₣łVɆ ✧

——————————————————————-
Just please.. anything to save my best friend!
I can't handle another death.
—————————————————————

Isn't it a bit.. extreme? Considering I didn't very much harm, after all, I only was on sidelines. But who am I to question in such circumstances.

     Perhaps it is to make sense I am to go out in the same way as their glitch. Amusing how much they're taking advantage of my moments of weakness. I wonder how differently things would be if me and my dearest blood relative were switched. If I were negativity and he was positivity. Seeing him be weak all over again. Like older times. Speaking of Nightmare, he doesn't have seemed to approve of me being kidnapped by his little goons. I wonder how he will react to this.

.
.
.
.
.

    Goodness. The void? It looks... enticing. It's as if it shall pull me in the moment I step off the cliff in front of me. Well, I suppose that is what it does. I look over to beside me, where my supposed kidnappers are. Blue seemed to have came along to watch, like he usually has been doing the whole time of my capture. He and I lock eyes for a mere second before he looked away. Disappointing. I cared about him as much as I cared for my brother.

I didn't.

    All of a sudden, I was pushed forward to the edge of the cliff that led to the void before being grabbed by my collar. "Say your last words, Dream." The skeleton with different eyesight colors said with what I suppose was a menacing tone? Blue and a skeleton with a whole in its skull were standing farther away than Dream and the other. I suddenly felt a huge burst of energy going through me, as if I didn't even feel sick from the lack of positivity.
I suppose that is what you call adrenaline.

I used this for my advantage and quickly grabbed onto the skeleton grabbing me. Before the skeleton could react, I already used up much of my energy to swing us around so that we were now switched. "How about you say your last words, hm?" I said, a bit winded but fine otherwise.

That stunt would've been much easier if it weren't for the amount of overwhelming negativity in the multiverse. The skeleton under my grip gritted his teeth. It would be amusing to loosen my grip and tighten it again to play tricks- "DREAM!" Blue shouted out, catching my attention. I noticed that the skeleton with Blue is now gone. I would be concerned if it wasn't the dumb one skeleton that left.

    "PLEASE! Please don't let go of Dust! H-He's..." Blue couldn't seem to speak anymore and even visibly shook. He's scared of losing another one of his precious friends. He clenched his fists. "....Don't y-you understand how it even feels? How it feels to have a friend that understands you and cares for you?" Blue said as he looked down.

    Ah, I see. He is trying to get me to stop by trying to have me relate. How sad. Not. "Dear Blue.. I.." I said it slowly as if I was just getting started to agree and relate with him. Blue looked up with anticipation and tears in his eyes. "Don't you know?" I asked him. He sniffled. "W-What don't I know..?" Blue asked.

.

     What don't I know? What is Dream talking about? I waited for his response, only for him to say something the opposite of what I thought. "Friends are useless." Dream said. W-What!? "N-No no! Friends aren't useless! You can enjoy each other's company and tell them all your problems and-" I was interrupted by Dream.

    "Manners." Dream said, slightly loosening his grip on Dust. I immediately shut my mouth when I noticed. Dream took the cue to talk. "You get betrayed by friends. They tell your secrets to others, your weaknesses. How you will act." I almost opened my mouth again but looking at Dust helped me resist it.

    "Just like what you did with Ink." My eye sockets immediately widened at that. I know I was a spy and did all that, but when Dream said it like that.. It made me feel guilty. Now I'm really thinking.. Was Ink actually really that bad? Ink was either clueless or bubbly all the time and only got angry because Error destroyed his AUs. We also don't know if Ink actually even knows about the balances.

    Have we.. No. I-I can't think about this right now. Dust is in danger of dying at the moment! Horror is also gone! Did he go get Nightmare? I really hope he did. Just please.. anything to save my best friend! I can't handle another death.

    But... I'm also worried about Dream. Why.. do I care for him? We don't know each other well and he's threatening to let go of Dust any moment! Is it because of what Nightmare said about him? I can't handle this..!- Huh..? I look to my left to see a familiar portal opening.

"Nightmare?!" I said as said skeleton stepped through the portal. "What's happening h—" Nightmare stopped himself from continuing to talk once he saw Dream and Dust.

.

Perhaps I should have been worried about the less IQ skeleton leaving. Now my brother is here. How great. Once I saw Nightmare's odd tentacles start to move, I knew I had to let go and flee. I would fight him if that adrenaline hadn't gone away. I wasn't one to fight in the first place anyways, so I suppose that is fine.

I let go of my extra weight and would've had him completely sucked into the void if Nightmare hasn't been so fast. I suppose all that negativity is helping boost him quite a bit. He caught the skeleton I dropped and almost caught me. Fortunately, I managed to dodge. Now the others except Blue were firing attacks at me.

Just as I had caught the upper hand, I lose it. This is why my purpose was to keep a balance in check. But now there is no balance.. Which means I no longer have a purpose...

...Wait. Why am I doing this? My purpose is gone. There is to be no more balance now that the multiverse is collapsing. No more... Nothing. Friends and family were useless in the first place. Being a guardian is now useless too.. Why do I fight? We're going to end up in that void in the end, I may as well-

.

I told everyone to hold their attacks as I looked closely at Dream's face. It's as if what I was thinking earlier was exactly what was going to come true. I can't just let that happen. He's.. my brother. But what can I even do? Even if I just save him now, that void is going swallow up the whole multiverse soon anyway. So there wouldn't be a point.

By now, everyone except maybe Horror were starting to understand the brother dilemma going on. But what could he—they do?
————————————————————————
I love me a good poll, how about you all?

1. Save Dream.

2. Don't save Dream.

3. Juked.
Uh oh, almost saved him but he didn't quite want that.
I'm totally not into this option more I don't know what you're talking about.

4. Suggestions!

It's 3:45 AM, and I finished this chapter in one night. Send help to my sleep schedule..