13

Tw for this chapter.

I'm going to kill you.

Is something Javaaid has to force himself not to say out loud.

Her blood creates a pool around the ground, staining his shoes and pants. 

It's disgusting

He wants to vomit.

He wants to scream and cry.

He wants to fight.

He wants to save her.

But she would kill him if he tried. 

Javaid is the captain of the guard. He's in charge of everything the military does and is one of few men that the king trusts.

He's one of the most important people in this war.

And no matter how much pain this causes him, war isn't war without sacrifices.

Even if that sacrifice is his beloved.

"You just don't give up, do you?"

Please don't.

"Me? Give up?" Blood pools out of her mouth as she laughs. "Perhaps I've given you the wrong impression. I will not talk."

Noxus lets out a quiet sigh and stares at the hour glass between his fingers, twirling it.

"Tick tock," He hums. 

And Javaaids blood freezes.

The room changes, growing colder.

Shaquannas breaths become more rapid. 

Then it all stops.

"I've changed my mind. I wont kill you. Rather, not quite yet.l

The kings eyes widen, making that bloodlust in his eyes even clearer.

"I'll keep you down in the facilities, along with all of the other women."

"Facilities?" Shaquanna mocks. "Mommy never loved you?"

She fully expects the punch from Javaaid, but it still hurts.  

Nevertheless, it's worth seeing the angered expression of the king. He almost seems like he's on fire with all the blood going to his head.

"Remove her from my sight. Now!" 

No sooner than the order came did Javaaid personally drag Shaquanna to the levels below. At least until he was in a hidden door behind the stairs, did he finally halt and place her gently on the ground.

Then he collapsed onto his knees and hugged her, his face burying in her stomach.

"My love, my love I'm so sorry." He sobbed and Shaquanna clenched her teeth.

"We knew what we were getting into. This is necessary, Javaaid."

"Once you're down there, I can no longer protect you."

"I have the almighty to do that." She places her hands on his face, lifting it to meet her gaze. "Whatever we have taken away, whether that is our ability to see one another again, it'll be replaced with something better. Even if that's in the afterlife."

"What kind of husband would I be," He began, running his hands over the many wounds he had been forced to give her. "If I stood by and watched my love die by the hands of other men?"