7

The next week, Javaaid sneaks Shila out the castle and leads her to that same cottage from before. She was baffled by it's sudden appearance since she had come searching for it several times only for her attempts to return futile. Javaaid sent her a wink and proceeded to open the door of the vine-covered cottage. The next thing Shila saw was several guns and swords pointed at her.

"Passcode." One demanded, a long sword pointed at Shilas neck. She began to sweat when no memory of a passcode registered in her mind, but Javaaid seemed calm so she relaxed as well. Low and behold, Javaaid spoke the passcode in her place.

"Phoenix."

"Yellow or magenta?"

"Both."

And all of a sudden all and any tension snapped and several people began crowding Javaaid with grins, hugging and kissing him on either cheek. Her mentor was seemingly unbothered by the attention and even seemed to enjoy it with his grin.

"Listen, everyone!" The captain attempted to call but several kids jumped on him. There were so many kids that Javaaid fell over and all she could see we're his feet. Admittedly, it made her give out quite the loud giggle.

And then the room grew silent and all attention was on her. Awkwardly, she waved. 

"Hello. I'm Shila."

"We know who you are," A man she didn't recognize spoke before falling to a knee in respect for her, grasping her hands in his own large one. She was confused but let him proceed until everyone else was mimicking his actions without the hand-holding.

"Queen Shila." One if the little girls grinned. "We've waited years for you."

Dumbfounded, Shila pointed at herself in shock. "M-me?"

Familiar brown eyes approach her, and her eyes widen.

"Don't take your time, princess." He said in such a chilling way. "We're all waiting. If you need to find me, go to the cottage."

"It's you!" She brightens up. "What are you doing here?"

"You know the master?" Javaaid, who was dusting himself from the dirt of the floor, spoke behind her on the ground.

He receives a confused expression in response. "The what?"

"The master," he begins, "he's-"

"I taught him a few tricks on fighting." The man cut off her mentor before he could continue. His eyes wander to her waist where the beautiful blood-absorbent sword lies tucked in a sword belt lent to her by Javaaid. She sees his mouth move to utter some quiet words but she fails to hear them.