2

The robes were light, yet heavy, her shoulders were tense and she could barely hold her arms up as she sat by her father's side with one leg crossed over the other and her cheek resting in the palm of her hand. 

Grass eyes with a ring of sea watched as the elder man sitting on his red and white throne dismissed yet another citizens request. Of course she felt bad about it, but by now Shila had learned not to speak up against her father.

Unconsciously, her right hand reached up to brush the palm of her left, where the remnants of a small, stitched up scar was. There was once when she had gathered the wits to argue against him and, in a fit of rage, he'd thrown something sharp at her, possibly a knife, resulting in the scar. It was fine, he was just angry of course.

After another hour or so, Shila finally stood and walked towards the dining room, taking a seat opposite her father. The table was large in width and length but was designed just perfectly to accommodate a quick conversation. 

They didn't usually have many, though. Her brothers were always the more talkative ones, but they usually talked about things she had no interest in. They liked the exact same things- perhaps because they are twins.

While the two boys were laughing, tossing joke from joke to one another and having their father join in once every while, Shila was carefully eating the vegetables off of her plate when a voice made her flinch so hard her fork made a horrible screeching noise as it scraped across the plate. Red dusted her cheeks as her father sent her a look of confusion and the boys groaned while covering their ears.

"What did you do that for, big sister?"

"I didn't do it on purpose... Sorry, I just pressed too hard when trying to pick up some broccoli."

A lie, but they didn't need to know that.

How's dinner, yoi?

Fine. How'd you know I was eating?

Your colour changes whenever you eat. 

Oh... Are you eating dinner as well?

No, he chuckled. It's almost afternoon over here so our chefs are getting lunch ready.

Chefs? Was he royalty as well? The thought made her a little nervous, but at the same time it made her feel relieved. If he was a prince, perhaps she wouldn't have to marry a random and most-definitely spoiled prince in the future.

Are you in the south?

South Blue. Ah, my father is calling for me.

Oh, okay.

See you, yoi.

She smiled.

See you.