Chapter 11

Halloween was near and for TK it was one of the big celebrations of the year, while Carlos had not grown up with the tradition, so, TK had said, he had a lot of work to do to teach him everything that could be done in those days.

Fortunately, Carlos had a good time picking out costumes, plus now that The Lord of the Rings, Elf costumes and all things fantasy related were in fashion again, Carlos soon found the perfect elf paladin costume and was able to spend the whole afternoon telling TK why it was better to choose light chainmail and a bo, rather than a bow.

Not that TK understood much, but he enjoyed discussing the topic with his boyfriend and above all was happy to see him laughing and making jokes. These months were especially hard and complicated for both of them; if TK was scared and didn't know what was happening every day with his body, Carlos was always by his side, just as scared and worried, but without knowing how to help.

So having a few normal days, like the rest of the people, planning Halloween and then preparing for Christmas, was the best thing that they could do.

TK had it all planned out, as long as his body would allow it, and the local market was starting to sell pumpkins. They had all kinds, colors and sizes and TK wanted... He didn't know exactly which ones he wanted to buy but they had to be perfect, because it was a special year. It was the last Halloween before the birth of the twins, which would change everything.

They decided to spend the morning there, they ate at the new vegan food stand that Owen had recommended. Now TK was not allowed to eat red meat and they had to control their cholesterol a little more than usual, eating that hamburger that had no meat in it but had the same taste was an immense pleasure.

They went shopping; since Christmas was near, they decided to buy some gifts, especially for Andrea. Carlos was desperate over not knowing what to buy his mother every year. She liked handmade things but then she had a very specific taste.

"She's similar to my father in that. No books or clothes, my dad is always obsessed with how bad all the synthetic fabrics are and stuff like that."

They wandered around the market a couple of times and it was big enough and had enough stores that, by lunchtime, TK was already tired and his legs were starting to ache, plus his ankles and feet were almost screaming.

Finding the restaurant and stopping for almost a couple of hours to eat was the best feeling in the world for TK.

He was uncomfortable with people's stares. He was approaching the seventh month of a twin pregnancy and no one would be able to hide it. He felt like he had an arrow over his head so that everyone would stare at him as he passed by.

"They're staring because they're jealous of you," Carlos told him, moving to sit down next to TK. "Have you seen how those four women are looking at you? You're almost seven months pregnant and you're still just as handsome." He leaned closer to his ear and wrapped his arms around his waist. "I can't wait to go home and lay you down on the bed, gently that is...to fuck you all afternoon."

TK gasped at that and blushed — pregnancy didn't allow him to hide his emotions much.

"Carlos..."

"I'm serious." Carlos gave him a kiss on the cheek. "You're releasing so many pheromones that any alpha or beta around you would be happy to get close to you.I'm lucky that you're mine."

"Stop exaggerating, babe."

"I am an alpha and my duty is to take care of you and keep away any other alphas that come near you. You're pregnant and you know how that works. Other alphas who are attracted to you want you even more knowing you are expecting my babies. I've read about it and now...now I feel it."