chapter - 3

Simons POV:

My heart was racing, faster than it ever has before. Even the slightest glance at Wilhelm made me terrified. I could stand face-to-face with him. Not in front of everyone at least.

"Simon, whats the matter?" Sara asked, concerned. "Nothing, I'm fine." I said plainly, and she gave me a not convinced look. "Are you sure? You seem off." "Im fine, Sara." I said, a hint of annoyance in my voice. She nodded and kicked a couple stones around. "Are you going to talk to Wilhelm?" She questioned me, leaning against a tree. I shrugged, looking down at my shoes. "I--.. I dont know. It'll be awkward." I replied, not taking my eyes off my shoes. "You cant just avoid him for the whole year, you know?" "Yes, yes, I know."

(during choir because i cba 😟)

Wilhelms POV:

As the choir started to sing, I couldnt take my eyes off of him. It looked like he was about to break down any second, if you looked very closely, you could see tears forming in his eyes. Suddenly, we made eye contact, that didnt last for long. I looked away quickly, 'stupid' I know.

***

The choir finished their song(s) as everyone clapped, and Simon quickly got off of stage, and I stared, and didnt stop staring until I could no longer see him. I sighed, and waved to Felice, who seemed to be staring at me with a soft smile. I needed to get out of there quickly, people staring as my breathing got heavier. Felice walked towards me as I was about to leave. "Hi Wille, are you okay?" She asked politely, and I gave her a simple nod, and left. I mean, how could you blame me? I couldnt breathe. I didnt feel like talking to anyone, I just needed to be alone.

I sat behind the building, sitting down and rubbing my chest, desperate for air. I unbuttoned the 2 top buttons of my shirt, which made me feel a bit better. I dropped my head into the palms of my hands, gripping my hair tightly. Suddenly, I heard departing footsteps. I looked up, seeing Simon walking away as quickly as possible.

This was my chance, to talk to him. I got up quickly, my breathing going back to normal-ish. "Simon, Simon wait!" I called, as I ran towards him. He looked behind, and looked towards him again, going at a faster pace now.

'He obviously doesnt want to talk to me.' I thought, stopping in my tracks. I'll talk to him later, im too fucking tired for this shit. Thankfully, I dont have a speech. I dont think I could deal with even more eyes on me. I walked into Hillerska building, speedwalking up the stairs to my room. I didnt want to talk to anyone, as I said before.

I opened the door, slamming it behind me. I sat down on my bed, looking around my empty, plain room. Barely any decorations. Just a few books and the snowglobe Erik gave me a couple months before he died.

I layed down in my bed, wrapping myself in the blanket, deciding to just take a nap. I got comfy, and closed my eyes, feeling myself drifting off to sleep.

548 words
omars birthday is in 2 days!! 😚