Azriel×Reader

AN:
I'm doing a little experiment here, which is writing an xReader one, hope it turns out well xD.

Now that I wrote it I'm not so happy with the result, but it will have to do. If you'd like to see this more often please comment and I'll do my best to do so. You can also comment characters, just do as you want to.

Much fun!

TW:not so happy past?, angst

(Y/n)=your name
(Y/ec)=your eyecolor
(Y/hc)=your haircolor

Azriel Pov.

By the cauldron! What am I supposed to do now? One job, Azriel, you had one job! Find this goddamn assassin and get rid of him. But it seems like he just disappeared from this planet!

I've been searching for this mysterious man literally everywhere. If you can trust the rumors he's working for the human queens, as one of the most skilled people in history he is the reason for their current power, going anywhere they want him to go and getting rid of whoever they want him to. So many kingdoms fell because their leaders were killed in the last years, some of the assassins could be caught, but with him it's a special case, cause no one has ever even seen his face. And we know how many deaths he caused. He's using a special kind of weapon, they have to be like claws, or maybe he isn't human and he has claws, but I'm praying to the mother that that's not the case. The bodies are always ripped to shreds, only barely recognizeable.

But why is all of this important for us?

Well, let me tell you, even though I normally don't share information, but we'll go with it now.

So, the war is over, the Bryallin-Situation was solved and we've been living in peace for almost two years. In this time the human queens built up there land again and now that they've gained some of their power back, they want revenge. Nyx is only a toddler, so as long as he's still helpless, they want him to be killed.

In order to safe my nephew I'm working on eliminating the danger. The problem is: I have almost nothing! I've been searching everywhere and there's not a single hint!

That leads to my current situation: I'm visiting a little village in the woods of the human queens territory. Sounds dumb, is dangerous, but also the move of a genius, cause maybe I can ask the villagers some questions about this topic. Besides, I'll probably drop out of the sky in a few minutes if I don't stop now. The last days were filled with much searching and planning, but basically no sleep.

As soon as my feet hit the ground I start dragging myself towards the houses. Just as I'm rounding a corner a small figure steps in my way. Due to the impact she tumbles a bit, but I'm able to catch her wrist in the last second before she falls over.

"I'm so sorry! I really didn't want-", my gaze looks into those beautiful eyes. Those (y/ec) eyes that seem to stare right into my soul, hypnotise me, stop time. Till something in me snaps, everything rushing back to normal, besides my heart that seems to race faster than Cassian can run when Nesta's calling for him.

I can't stop myself from staring, the woman across from me is staring back, there's no fear in her eyes, only curiosity and kindness. Then something else flashes trough them and she breaks out in a giggle. Shaking her head a bit and causing her (y/hc) hair to fall around her face.

"There's nothing to be sorry for, I'm the one who walked in you're way. So thanks for catching me.", she grinned at me.

"Y-You're welcome.", my voice was shaky, but who would have guessed such an outcome? Meeting my gorgeous mate while being on a mission? Her not seeming to be scared of me? Her being human? Here's the answer: noone. Absolutely noone. But does she know? Maybe she doesn't know anything about fae and matingbonds and all of that.