Adult!Nyx×Reader

AN:
This wasn't a request, but I had the idea and just had to write it, see it as my Christmas present! 🎄✨️

This takes place many years after acosf when Nyx is already around eighty years old. (It has a happy end even though the tws sound cruel)

(Y/n)= your name
(Y/nn)= your nickname
(Y/ec)= your eyecolor
(Y/hc)= your haircolor

TW: traumatic past, mental health problems, mentioned death

Nyx Pov.

...
I'll visit a few more cities, cause here's this myth about a famous thief that I want to see. When I found this person I'll start my way back home.

See you soon mum, tell dad and the others my wishes. (Even though uncle Az probably already knows.)

And with that I winnowed the letter into the riverhouse, to my family, home.

Right now I was hundreds of miles away from home. I was exploring other parts of our world. At this point I was somewhere in the middle of the continent.

I'm regularly going further through the countries, around here rumors about a thief can be heard. But the rumors are pretty different. Some of them say that the thief is a tall male with thin limbs, able to move like smoke. Others say that it's a woman and that she is a serial killer as well. The rumors about this killing are strange too, because some say the person murders for fun, others say that they're an assassin, murdering for whatever you are willing to sacrifice.

Somehow I made it my mission to find this person and figure out what was true about the rumors. If anything was true, then this probably wasn't the best idea, but I just hope it will work out in the end.

I was walking down a street in a little town, the houses were old but beautiful. Everything seemed pretty peaceful till a scream broke through.

Men and women were running around, everybody searching for something and trying to be as fast as possible while looking terrified. I couldn't even comprehend what was happening until I was in the flow myself.

I quickly winnowed onto a roof, trying to find the cause of this panic.

Suddenly someone caught my eye. It was a dark figure, moving trough different allies and doing a good job at being unnoticed by everybody else.

The person made their way out of the town and wandered off into the forest. Hope bloomed inside of me that it was the one I was searching for. I followed quietly, uncle Az's training paying of once more.

This chase went on for several minutes. When the figure was about to cross a clearing they suddenly went still, no movement left, they stood like a statue. I waited, but even after two more minutes nothing happened. I blinked and from one second to the other - they were gone. What?!

"How long do plan on following me?", a raspy voice whispered into my ear. A jolt went trough me, the shock so big that I fell down from the branch.

When I hit the ground my head was pounding, everything was fuzzy, but then the figure with the black coat stepped back into my view. They knelt down to me.

"Who are you? I've never seen you around here before.", they said. I couldn't make out their face, cause it was covered with a cloth. The voice became softer, the raspiness was probably from unuse.

I couldn't answer, everything blurred more and the last thing I saw before I lost consciousness were two bright blue lights. Somehow these lights were soothing, sending calm trough my body as they got closer.