Lucien×Azriel

TW: none

Lucien Pov.

I was just making my way out of the library in the house of wind, but as I turned the corner I bumped into someone, stumbling back.

Luckily this someone caught me and I found myself lying in strong arms. (Thought it was Elain, didn't you? xD)  As I looked up to thank this someone tough it was - HIM.

The man Elain fell for. The spymaster of the night court. The Shadowsinger - Azriel.

He pulled me up a bit so I was standing again, but I guess I didn't seem stabil, cause he wouldn't take his right arm from my back.

He was a bit taller then me and we were standing pretty close to each other, so I had to look up to meet his gaze. He was mustering me, but his face was an unreadable mask.

He probably would've preferred tropping me. Thanks for nothing.

"You alrigh?", he asked his voice smooth as silk. Well, maybe his intentions weren't that bad, but I was still sceptical. Then I remembered I had to answer.

"Yeah, I'm fine...Thanks"

With that he let go of me and left with a nod. I couldn't help but stare after him. Weird.

~Time skip~

It was in the middle of the night, but I was lying in bed and couldn't sleep. No matter what I did, I couldn't stop thinking about this strange situation with Azriel. That somehow reminded me of the moment he and Cassian saved Feyre and me from my brothers in the winter court. Azriel had carried me the way to Velaris and I had somehow felt safe in his arms.

Still I didn't like him very much, because Elain was obviously crushing on him. But who am I to blame her?

As weird as it was today, being so close to him made me realise how beautiful he was. Towering over me like a giant shadow himself, smaller shadows swirling around his well built form, wings slightly spread out behind him, dark hair falling in front of his face - his face with a sharp jawline, smooth tanned skin, full lips and hazel eyes.

I was drooling over my mate's crush! Could it get even worse?!

Apparently the answer was yes!

Cause I got up and went to drink something in the kitchen. As I turned on the light, because I thought there wasn't anyone in the house of wind besides me, HE sat at the table.

Mother above, even in the middle of the night he looks stunning! Alright maybe it was also the fact he wasn't wearing a shirt and I could see his abs.

Anyways Azriel was looking at me.

"What are you doing here?", I asked.

"Drinking something. What are you doing here?", he returned the question.

"I wanted to drink something, too"

"Well, don't be bothered by me"

I nodded and got myself a glass of water, sitting on his opposite.

Awkward!

Azriel Pov.

Lucien was sitting across from me,  playing with his glass, his metal eye buzzing around wildly.

Cauldron, he really seems to hate me! Damn it! Just because he thinks that I like Elain! I have to get some things clear now! Or how am I supposed to go on like this?!

Since we saved Feyre and him and I  carried him on the way here, my mind occasionally starts racing back to him. The feeling of him in my arms, it was a bit weird, but he had snuggled up to me without even noticing and it felt so good to give him some comfort!