Chapter 14

THANKYOUU meadow07 for voting on chapter 13!!

THANKYOUU ConfederateRose for voting on chapter 13!!

THANKYOUU bakergirl269 for voting on chapter 13!!

THANKYOUU Pride312 for voting on chapter 13!!

THANKYOUU licia17 for voting on chapter 13!!

THANKYOUU Ciara3Wolf for adding this story to one of her reading lists, voting on chapter 12 & 13 and for commenting on chapter 13!!

THANKYOUU Red_Rum for voting on chapter 13!!

THANKYOUU MGswagg for voting on chapter 13 and for commenting on the chapter!!

THANKYOUU 4soccer4 for voting on chapter 12 & 13!!

This chapter is dedicated to them ! Thankyou for the support!!!

RECAP : 

'' My dad had business to do while my mom took my sister out to play,'' he told me.

'' Oh,'' I replied. So, I was in his house, both of us alone?!

My heart's thumping like crazy.

'' You wanna drink anything or maybe eat? It is already night time and you still haven't eaten anything?'' He asked.

'' No, I'm good,'' awkward!

'' Oh ok, well then...I should explain, shouldn't I?'' He asked sheepishly.

'' Yes, you should,''

'' Well, here it goes....'' He began.

------------------------------

CHAPTER 14

* Veronica's POV * 

'' Are you serious?'' I asked Cain. He just finished explaining to me what being a shifter is all about and I just can't help to ask that question again as I did throughout his explanation.

'' Yes, Veronica. You've asked me that question for 20 times now,'' He chuckled while shaking his head

'' Well, you can't blame me for being shocked! There's a lot of info, Okay!'' I grunted in annoyance. He just rolled his eyes.

Well, even though I don't seem really surprised now, trust me, I was before when he was in the middle of his explanation. I was so gonna ask my parents about our family!

'' Maybe I should take you home right now? Its already really late,'' He asked while standing up from the couch.

'' Yeah..'' I replied. 

He grinned and took the car keys from the table near the front door and opened the door for me. I just smiled as a thank you and walked to his car.

*** 

'' Thanks for the ride,'' I said to him when we reached my front door.

'' Its ok,'' He replied with a smile. He seemed to smile at me more today.

'' Bye,'' He said and turned around towards his car.

'' Thanks for the explanation too, Cain,'' I said quite loudly for him to hear, considering he's a werewolf and all..

He stood there frozen on spot and his posture suddenly became all rigid and stiff. He turned around to face me and his eyes were as black as charcoal. 

'' I like the way you say my name,'' He said huskily with a mischievous grin plastered on his oh so flawless face.

I gulped loudly and said the next three words with much anxiety.

'' See you tomorrow,'' I replied and literally ran inside the front door.

I heard him sigh then chuckle before hearing his retreating footsteps. Flopping down the floor, I groaned. Why do I always feel so flustered whenever he's around!?

***

I woke up feeling tired. Thank God, its Saturday.

I went downstairs to see that no one was there. My parents were doing some business again and Hailey was at a friend's house.

 Guess I'm home alone again.

I went to the kitchen, made myself some toast and went to the living room to watch some TV. Spongebob Squarepants, to be exact.

As I was watching Spongebob, the doorbell rang.

I ran to the door and opened it to find Jack standing there with a different aura than usual.

* Cain's POV *

I'm officially on cloud 9 right now. Nothing just seemed wrong. For once, it was harmony all over. And it was the first time I have ever felt like this.

Maybe its because Veronica shifted yesterday and I had explained everything to her except for the part about mates. Maybe I would tell her later, I just felt that it was uncomfortable to jump in about mates just after she shifted. Even the part about packs is a lot of infrormation that she had to take in I didn't want to make her feel more confused that she already was.

'' Alpha, we can't contact Jack! He's supposed to be on patrol today!'' Shouted one of my pack members, Matt, suddenly in the mind link. 

What? Every member of the pack should be able to be contacted if they were supposed to do patrol on that day. It was an order.

'' Isn't he at the pack house?'' I asked while getting ready.

'' No, he isn't..'' Matt trailed off.

How weird. He never leaves without telling Matt. They're close friends.

' He's in Veronica's house,' My wolf suddenly told me panic and anger laced his tone. Jack is at my MATES'S house?!

' What?! How do you know?'

' Belle told me just now. Apparently he just came,' He replied angrily. 

I ran out of the house and towards my car, driving to Veronica's house with one question on my mind ; Why would he be at Veronica's house?

END OF CHAPTER 14 

JACK APPEARED!!!!!!!!! :O

VOTE 

COMMENT

FAN

- flora <3