Chapter 9

THANKYOU licia17 for voting on chapter 8!!!

THANKYOU CarlosVarela0 for voting on chapter 8!!!!

THANKYOU Rehaan_Malik for adding this story to 3 of her reading list, voting on chapter 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, commenting on chapter 8 and for becoming a fan of me!!!!!

THANKYOU VelveteenRabbit00 for voting on chapter 2,3,4,5,6,7,8, commenting on chapter 8 and for becoming a fan of me!!!!!

THANKYOU XxBelieber16xX for adding this story to her reading list!!!!!

This chapter is dedicated to them!<3

RECAP : 

I followed where my wolf was taking me and it seemed to take me to the back of the school which have a random field.

Finally, I caught Claire's scent but there were two other scents but were fading

One is sweet and unique...vanilla and berries. Why is my mate here?

And the second one is filthy........like a rogue's......................Why is Claire and Veronica doing with a rogue?

And why is Veronica's and the rogue's scent fading?!

I quickly opened my eyes to see Claire's wolf unconscious with bite marks all over her neck...with no rogues nor Veronica around........

 CHAPTER 9---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 *Veronica's POV *

'' To take your alpha's precious little mate,'' Wes said calmly accompanied with a wink.

I don't even understand the slightest bit of that sentence.

He must have noticed my confusion cause he stepped closer. He didn't even take two steps before Claire stepped in front of me in a protective manner, I looked at her confused. What is she doing..

'' Step closer and you're dead,'' She said with such a cold tone that it almost made me quiver.

But instead of being scared, the guy just laughed. Yep, laughed.

'' You think you scare me, huh? Is your pack all talk?'' He snickered which added fuel to Claire's anger.

'' Don't talk about my pack like that!'' She yelled and in a matter of seconds, she transformed. Into a large dark brown wolf..

I was in total shock.

He smirked and then transformed too..to a dirty yellow wolf..

She growled at him and lunged but she was too busy trying to bite his neck to know that she was also opening a space for him to bite her neck. And he did. 

After what hapened my eyes became really blur that its hard to make out what they were doing and the only thing I can hear was growling and the brushing of furs and piercing howls. A couple of minutes later, the only sound I could hear was the footsteps coming closer to me.

'' I won,'' Wes' voice was the only thing I could hear before it becomes dark.

******

I woke up to a loud clang and a few murmurs. 

I groaned and opened my eyes to see that I'm not sleeping in my bedroom but more like a prison?

Then, everything that had happened all came back to me. Claire....wolves....fighting.......What happened to Claire..?!

 A door creaked open snapped me out of my thoughts. 

 '' So, you're awake,'' Its Wes.

'' I am. Now, you're gonna tell me why I'm in a freaking prison?!'' I snapped. 

'' So you won't escape,'' He said with a smile.

Suddenly, I remembered an important question.

'' Are you really a wolf?'' I muttered-asked but I knew he could hear.

'' Shifter, to be exact,'' He replied.

I cocked my head to the side to show that I don't understand.

'' Shifters is like me and the beta's sister as you can see, we can shift into wolves without needing a full moon,'' He told me.

'' Beta's sister??'' 

'' Yup! Its Claire. Her brother, Ron, is the beta of the Silver Pendant pack, Cain's pack, he's the alpha,'' He replied.

'' Ron?! That jock?! and Cain?!?!'' I almost shouted.

'' Ron Anderson and Cain Maxwell,'' 

I just stood there dumbstrucked. I'm not really shocked of Ron though. He is Claire's sister. But Cain..?! I didn't even think Ron knew him!!

Wait... what's an alpha and a beta?

'' What's an alpha and beta?'' I asked him. 

'' An alpha is like the leader of the pack while a beta is the second in command,'' 

'' To be truthful, I'm kinda shocked you didn't know about this, considering you're a-'' He was cut off by a banging of a door.

'' What happened?'' He asked the man who had banged open the door.

'' He's coming,'' the man replied.

* Cain's POV * 

As soon as Claire had woken up in the pack house, she was bombarded with questions from the other pack members.

'' Enough!!'' I commanded using my alpha tone.

Of course, Claire had been taken care of by the pack doctor.

'' Its okay,'' She replied.

'' What happened, sis?'' Ron asked her.

'' Where's Veronica?!'' She asked frantically.

'' We don't know. You have to tell us what happened,'' I told her.

She sighed and began to tell us what had happened, And by the end of the story, I had made two gigantic holes on the walls of my living room. How dare a rogue frighten my mate?! Moreover, he kidnapped her!

' Alpha, we had found her location!'' One of my pack members whom I had ordered to trace the slightest of her trace, reported me through the mind link. Its not that I didn't care where my mate was that I didn't trace her, its because I thought that it was better to hear the story first than jump into conclusions. I really care about my mate and after all, I want to be prepared to kill the rogue with my own hands.

'' I gotta go, they found Veronica,'' I told them and dashed off in record time to the place where one of the pack members had told me.

I can't wait to kill that rogue who dared to kidnap my mate.

END OF CHAPTER 9! HOPE U LIKE IT!

VOTE

COMMENT 

FAN!

- flora ;)