Capitolo Quattordici | Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Letting go of everything one had ever known was a challenge on its own.
Bianca O'Connor had embraced her husband's life as her own when her family turned their back on her for falling for the head of the Irish mob.
The Italians and the Irish never got along. At least her Italian famiglia didn't.

Cillian O'Connor was a man who considered his wife to be the most precious person in his life. He was a ruthless man but she was his rock. He ruled various territories in the UK, United States and Ireland.

When his wife had told him about what her brother had asked of her a while back, his immediate response was to deny them. He hated the Italians and they were his biggest rivals. The Cosa Nostra and the Genovese in particular after the merge happened and they started conquering and taking over everywhere.

They had dared to mess with his shipments and threaten everything that he had built.

It made sense that a battle between the Irish and the Italians was not out of the ordinary but he couldn't understand why they would suddenly massacre the Camorras.

Cillian had read the secret letter that Bianca's brother had sent her for help.

Bianca knew that her husband would see Valeria like a daughter of his own and she didn't even know her yet. She herself knew she would care for her. She just had a feeling. Bianca had adored Valeria's mother so how much could the difference be?

The girl that had survived was to be married to the heir of the Cosa Nostra. The new young Don had just come into power a few days ago and Cillian knew firsthand that the son was worse than the father and his grandfather when it came to using his wit and getting what he wanted.

His wife had said that she thought that he would like the little heir because everything Vito had written in the letter reminded her of a smaller version of him.

It had barely been days and there was already news that they had made over an extra hundred million dollars in the States because of an approach that the new Don of the Italian mafia had used to distribute drugs.

This had been a loss for Cillian as every time the Italians succeeded at something, it meant that his approach was failing.

"They'll be here in a while Cill. Come on." Bianca exclaimed as she saw her husband still sitting in his office with his black rimmed glasses on.

"Nach cuma?" He answered in Irish. (So what?)

Bianca took in her handsome husband's irritated expression as she smiled to herself.

"Éirigh suas." (Get up)

Cillian's eyes shot up to meet hers. She knew he loved it when she spoke to him in Irish. To piss him off she would speak in Italian. It was the best of both worlds.

He still didn't get up as he let out a smirk at the hint of annoyance in her eye.

"Cill, you know I haven't seen my brother in a very long time. I just — I've never met my niece and nephew. They've been through so much."

Cillian got up immediately as he knew his strong wife never got emotional that quickly unless there was some other underlying reason.

"What is it mo grá?" Cillian said in a soothing tone as he hugged his wife's body to his while they walked towards the huge glass window which overlooked the gates of the mansion and the vast greenery that surrounded it.

"They're the only children that will feel like my own. You know we can't have — " She broke off with a gasp as she gulped and tried to calm down.

Children.