Capitolo Otto | Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Vito's fury was unparalleled as his eyes settled on the devastating scene that his son, Valeria, Valerius's body and Davide made as they all met at him at the designated spot.

Every single one of them was tired and broken. Brought out of their homes because of misery and suffering that would probably never go away.

They had been massacred. Executed by an executioner who they couldn't name.

Every single person that made it out alive, hated themselves. They could do nothing to help every person that died and they came back home to find corpses.

Vito knew that they never even had a chance.

Rosetta had unknowingly saved their lives and he had ended his wife's the same way.

Lucia.

How could he have known. Home was where safety was and it was ridiculous to think that every single person who had been out of the safety of their homes were the ones that survived.

They all weren't fighters. They had run. They were cowards.

They had no home anymore.

He was ashamed of the very person he was.

Lucia had found Rosetta and Domenico missing and got worried.
The last thing Vito had ever told his beautiful wife was, "Don't worry, just stay here tesoro. It's not safe outside. I'll go get them."

Lucia had insisted. She had wanted to come.

Why couldn't he have just have brought her with him?

Vito hadn't even been able to see her body.

They weren't even able to collect the bodies. What kind of injustice was this.

All of them that were able and strong enough, kept sneaking into the estate. Not because they wanted their lives back but because they simply wanted to see the bodies of their loved ones.
The figli di puttana were so cruel, they were letting some bodies rot away to nothing and they got rid of the others.

The few men they had left had tried their best to sneak in, identify and bring back back as many as they could.

Just to give them proper funerals. To mourn them. They had to fight for basic human rights now.

Even after death, there seemed to be no peace.

Sergio's death had set off an apocalypse. The way this murder spree had been carried out, it was unlike any massacre ever seen before in the history of the Cosa Nostra. This level of brutality was a new height for even them.

Everyone knew what the Cosa Nostra was capable of now. How anybody who would defy them would suffer the same fate.

They had been made an example of to every other person, in the world that they were doomed to be a part of.

Vito couldn't understand how he was to keep a straight face and play the role of the all knowing underboss when he saw the bodies of little children who were younger than his own, killed in the most dreadful methods imaginable.

He didn't just lose his wife, he lost a brother and an entire famiglia.

Vito looked at Valerius and Valeria with a frown. They seemed to be dead.

Vito was unable to understand that the look of hope in his son's eye was because Valeria was alive. He thought he was hopeful because they had found their bodies at last.