Chapter 5: Found powers

...

The two are still in the village trying to spot demons. They pass by an alley that looks into the forest, tanjiro stops mid step and looks into the deps of the forest.

"Tanjiro?"

"In the forest..."

"Is it a demon?"
Giyuus voice drops to a whisper.

Tanjiro nods then runs into the trees, giyuu follows after him.

...

They wonder around cautiously and carefully around all the trees and branches that stick out. They spot a demon and crouch behind a bush not to far from them. The demon turns in their direction after sensing them. With the demon turned they can now see 'lower moon' in their eyes.

"A lower moon...stay here"
Giyuu orders tanjiro

He stands up, getting out of the bush now in front of the lower moon. Giyuu takes out his katana and points it toward the lower Moon. The demon attacks giyuu only to miss as he dodges, slicing the demons arm off while jumping to the side.

Tanjiro, who is still hiding behind the bush stands up not wanting to sit around and do nothing. As the lower moon is trying to attack giyuu again he pounces on to the demon causing both of them to hit the ground. The demon throws tanjiro off of themselves then stands up.

Tanjiro skids across the ground for a moment before catching his footing again. They both stare at each other, the tension between the two growing.

"How dare a pointless low life demon attack me!"

"Stop talking about yourself, it's not all about you."

"Ugh! You reek of this human. Why are you traveling with him!"

"That's none of you're concern you filthy animal."
Tanjiro growls

The lower moon was now much more furious then before. Giyuu stands at the side wanting to see how tanjiro deals with the problem.

The lower moon attacks tanjiro with a blood demon art attack sending him flying into a tree. The demon jumps at him only managing to ripping an arm off tanjiro before getting kicked in the stomach. Tanjiro now missing arm fumes with rage, veins visible on his forehead.

Giyuu gets attacked by the demon dodging just in time, over to tanjiro. He glances over at tanjiro to see his arm had already grown back, the mark on his forehead grow and another one appear on the bottom of his face.

He reflects an attack off his katana hoping away from the other in the process. Tanjiro stands still not moving a muscle while the lower moon charges at him...

Giyuu looks at tanjiro to see some bone looking things coming out of his back, one of them impaling the demon. He uses this and cuts the demons head off in one swift motion. Tanjiro flings the headless demon off one of his spikes still standing there unmoving; his head hanging.

Giyuu spots something dripping off tanjiros chin, he slowly approaches him with a hand reaching forward.

"Tanjiro?"
Giyuu asks

He's given a low 'grr' in return, coming from tanjiro. Tanjiro looks up teeth bared with his mouth salivating. (or drooling)

"Tanjiro, snap out of it!"
Giyuu calls out at him

He pauses for a second then shakes his head. Getting on his hands and knees, he draws his spikes up facing giyuu. Giyuu jumps away from tanjiro, heart pumping.

'Forgive me tanjiro, but I have to fight you...'

Giyuu and tanjiro lounge towards each other.

.
---

Heyyy so this chapter is also short... I forgot today was Sunday. Plus I wanted a cliffhanger : ]