Chapter 16: The Cooler Batman

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

.

.

.

ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇ!

∘°∘♡∘°Note: This chapter is more of a flashback since Aether and you have already headed off to Liyue, so count this as a side-adventure! ∘°∘♡∘°∘

∘°∘♡∘°∘ Note: This chapter is more of a flashback since Aether and you have already headed off to Liyue, so count this as a side-adventure! ∘°∘♡∘°∘

"It's going pretty well. I must say, the patrons have been in a bit of a buzz lately. Though the topic on everyone's lips is more of an urban legend than actual news. Even minding my own business, I still end up hearing all about it," Charles said as he sighed, putting away the cleaned glasses before turning to us.

"Uh-oh... It's not one of those scary urban legends, is it?" Paimon asked in a scared tone as she attempted to hide in between Aether and I. "If so, Paimon needs to take a deep breath first!"

Charles laughed at Paimon's behavior before saying, "It's not a particularly scary story, no... At least, not for most people... It's the tale of... the Darknight Hero!"

"Ahhh!!!" Paimon suddenly yelled out as she backed away, causing me to laugh my ass off at how sudden the scream was and how everyone turned towards her in confusion. "Paimon, he literally just said it's not a scary story," Aether reassured as he let out a small laugh.

"Huh? Did the bartender just say something?" Paimon questioned. "Are you stupi-? Were you not even listening!?" I exclaimed in shock. How the fuck did she not hear him!?

"You weren't even listening!?" Charles exclaimed as well, surprised by how oblivious Paimon could be... "I-! Anyway, the Darknight Hero. It is said that he appears in the middle of the night to fight evil and uphold justice. But to be honest, I don't have much interest in such rumors." And then with a chuckle, he said, "Unless of course he can help take care of the more belligerent patrons after they've had a few too many... I would happily take that as proof of his existance."

"Has anyone ever seen him?" Aether asked with a slightly tilted head. "I'm told that there have been a handful of sightings. But in the depths of night, no-one can get a good look at him. Perhaps that's why he only appears at night. Nevertheless, the sightings that confirm that the Darknight Hero is more than just a groundless rumor. Hehe, anyway... That's more or less everything I know. But if you guys want to know more, ask around in the plaza. Ah, I need to serve some customers."

We quickly excused ourselves as patrons surrounded the counter in search of drinks. Weirdos...

""Darknight Hero"... Seems like your standard cookie-cutter urban legend. But just a little darker..." Only difference between Batman and Diluc is that... Diluc actually has power. But they're both rich... What a life... "Wonder who it could be. Well, once you guys are done here, let's head out to the plaza and ask around!"

 Well, once you guys are done here, let's head out to the plaza and ask around!"